New tapes could reveal mystery behind Marilyn Monroe’s deathApril 27th, 2011 - 5:31 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 27 (ANI): Recently released tapes, featuring a close confidante of late actress Marilyn Monroe, could reveal the mystery behind her death.
Monroe passed away on August 5, 1962, and the circumstances of her passing away, remain, arguably, the most mysterious and controversial death in Hollywood history.
The tapes reveal a conversation between her hair stylist George Masters and his nephew, Jeff Platts, a 60-year-old sales consultant from Southern California.
“My uncle’s name was George Masters and he was Marilyn Monroe’s personal hair stylist and makeup artist for a number of years leading up to her death,” AOL News quoted Platts as writing in a letter.
“He travelled with her extensively. I have some audiocassette recordings of phone conversations he and I had shortly before his death in 1998,” he wrote.
Platts revealed that Masters had told him that Monroe had made a secret trip aboard Frank Sinatra’s private jet the very weekend she died, and that she had spent the night at the singer’s retreat with mobster Sam Giancana.
“George specifically told me that Marilyn spent the evening with Sam Giancana,” he said.
“The only other person he mentioned that was there was Buddy Greco. No Frank Sinatra, no Dean Martin. George also said that the person she was really in love with at that moment was Sam Giancana.
“Also, if this trip did happen, it was certainly kept hush-hush. Pat Newcomb (Monroe’s publicist) said she slept over at Marilyn’s house that night, but doesn’t address whether or not Marilyn was there — only that Marilyn woke up about noon.
“The housekeeper says she arrived ‘early’, but again no mention of Marilyn being there or not being there,” he revealed.
On the tapes, Masters said, “Talk to Pat — she knows everything”, and he spoke about the last night he saw Monroe.
“Did you know she was pronounced dead, and then they brought her back to the house, and she was still alive, and they took her back to the hospital, and brought her back home, and then the coroners came over, and they found her dead in another bed — somebody moved her,” he said.
In that one sentence, Masters seemed to confirm a popular theory — that Monroe was, in fact, rushed to the hospital alive, then was doubled-back before being dumped home in what many found to be a very un-suicide-like resting position.
“And you know how she died? It was an enema. With Nembutal,” Masters said.
Platts asked him: “For the purpose of getting high with the drugs?”
Masters answered: “No. It was because of the Kennedys. I really think the FBI did it.” (ANI)
- Monroe spent her last night with mafia boss at Sinatra's lodge - Apr 29, 2011
- Jolie to star in Marilyn Monroe film - Aug 16, 2010
- Jolie, Clooney not part of Marilyn Monroe biopic - Aug 18, 2010
- Angelina to play Marilyn? - Aug 17, 2010
- Frank Sinatra's New York penthouse up for sale - Aug 03, 2012
- Monroe's nude pictures surface - Jun 04, 2012
- Frank Sinatra used to have 12 showers in a day - Jun 03, 2011
- When JFK snubbed Frank Sinatra for Marilyn Monroe - Oct 05, 2010
- Barbara Sinatra comes out with her memoir 'Lady blue eyes: My life with Frank' - May 31, 2011
- Sinatra's tuxedo shirt bought for $5 at yard sale could earn big at auction - Dec 29, 2010
- Jolie, Clooney Deny Being Part Of Biopic On Marilyn Monroe - Aug 19, 2010
- Ted Kennedy's FBI File Released: JFK, Marilyn, and Teddy Sex Parties? - Jun 15, 2010
- Legendary actress Jane Russell dies at age 89 - Mar 01, 2011
- House where JFK had affair with Monroe now on sale - Apr 29, 2012
- Lohan poses as Monroe for Playboy - Nov 09, 2011
Tags: actress marilyn monroe, buddy greco, confidante, dean martin, frank sinatra, george masters, hair stylist, hollywood history, housekeeper, makeup artist, marilyn monroe, mobster, pat newcomb, personal hair, phone conversations, private jet, publicist, sales consultant, sam giancana, secret trip