New season of ‘Two and a Half men’ startsSeptember 20th, 2011 - 7:11 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Sept 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The new season of the hit CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men has started airing without Charlie Sheen. Though Sheen is out of the show, he wouldn’t be staying out of the business of CBS and Warner Bros.
According to a report carried by the British newspaper Daily Mail, Sheen is close to a deal that will see him be compensated with a whopping $125 million. The report said Sheen will receive a lump sum of $25 million and will be paid the remaining $100 million over several years because he featured in more than 180 episodes of the show before he was axed earlier this year.
Sheen enjoyed huge paycheck on the set of Two and a Half Men. He was paid $1.2 million per episode to play Charles Harper in the show. Immediately after his dismissal from the show, Sheen filed a suit at the California Superior Court demanding $100 million for wrongful termination of his contract.
Sheen featured in just eight of the 24 episodes that was ordered by CBS last season. The show was axed and actor Ashton Kutcher has since replaced Sheen on the show.
- 'Two and a Half Men' opens with record ratings - Sep 21, 2011
- Teaser of 'Roast of Charlie Sheen' released - Aug 24, 2011
- 'Two and A Half Men' are not in the Emmy race - Jun 01, 2011
- Ashton Kutcher to replace Charlie Sheen? - May 13, 2011
- Charlie Sheen to be killed off in TV series - Jun 28, 2011
- Sheen takes pot shot at Kutcher - May 14, 2011
- Simon Cowell, the top television earner - Aug 11, 2011
- Ashton Kutcher takes his massive trailer to the sets of 'Two and a Half Men' - Aug 16, 2011
- Sheen settles lawsuit with Warner Bros - Sep 27, 2011
- 'Two and Half Men' reboot is in the pipeline - Apr 29, 2011
- Charlie Sheen files $100m lawsuit against Warner Bros - Mar 11, 2011
- Charlie Sheen plans to sue sitcom makers - Mar 01, 2011
- Sheen planning 'Two and a Half Men' funeral party - Aug 09, 2011
- Charlie Sheen shopping $10m tell-all book? - Feb 27, 2011
- Charlie Sheen officially fired from 'Two And A Half Men' - Mar 08, 2011