New Kid on the block:Parzaan DasturApril 9th, 2009 - 10:28 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
We first saw Parzaan Dastur in a commercial about Dhara oil, where he wanted to leave home because his family did not love him.Later on we fell in love with him when he played the silent Sikh boy in Karan Johar’s Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
Parzaan looks very different from his KKHH days, when he was seven years old. Now aged 15, Parzaan who was last seen in Parzania now will be seen in a movie called “Sikandar”.The movie is based on Kashmir and terrorism.
Parzaan speaks about the Kashmir valley and more”, Kashmir, especially the place we went to shoot, is such a treat to the eye that it is confusing enough to find the most apt place to shoot. I remember discussing on the sets, that in Kashmir, set a camera in any direction and you were ready to take a beautiful shot.”
Further he tells that,” One of the most awe-inspiring locations was here - where we shot all our football scenes. I remember the first time I saw this place. I immediately noticed the massive volume of empty space that a city like Mumbai lacks. Just the immense rush of the sense of freedom fills you to no limits.We shot another good bunch of scenes in this splendid location from where we could feel like being at the same altitude of a snow-capped mountain. I think it will be too obvious at this point to say that I would love to go there again.
About Sikandar movie
Sikandar Raza is a 14 yr old schoolboy in Kashmir. Ever since his parents were killed by militants, 10 years back, all his desires revolve around the happiness of his foster parents.One day, he finds a gun lying on the path. Despite admonishments by his newly made school friend, the 14 yr old Nasreen, he picks up the gun,and thus begins a journey into the darker side of his nature. The quiet yet strong Nasreen becomes his conscience keeper & tries to dissuade him from giving in to the lure of the gun.The film is directed by Piyush Jha.
Dhanashri Kulkarni / Sampurn Media
- I would love to work with Shah Rukh again: Parzaan Dastur - Aug 30, 2009
- Movie Reviews: Sikandar (2009) - Aug 21, 2009
- I couldn't relate to my character in 'Sikandar': Ayesha Kapoor - Aug 24, 2009
- 'Sikandar' sensitive depiction of life in Kashmir (IANS Film Review - Rating: ***) - Aug 21, 2009
- Karan Johar not keen on making legendary love stories - Jul 17, 2012
- 'Sikandar' to be screened at LA's Indian film festival - Apr 10, 2009
- Sikandar finally set for a release - Jul 01, 2009
- 'Kashmiri youngsters aren't oiling AK-47s' - Aug 21, 2009
- Kashmiri kid wants to be a Shahrukh-Sachin-Bhaichung: Piyush Jha director SIKANDAR - Aug 19, 2009
- 'Sikandar' not like 'Slumdog', but conveys same message: Director - Mar 09, 2009
- 'Sikandar' narrates Kashmir's tensions through children's eyes (IANS Preview) - Aug 18, 2009
- I don't think anyone is in my league: Madhavan - Aug 20, 2009
- Sanjay Suri returns to his roots - Mar 16, 2009
- 'Sikandar' shows Kashmir problem through children's eyes: Director (With Images) - Jul 09, 2009
- Kashmir wooing Bollywood back - Aug 17, 2009
Tags: altitude, darker side, empty space, foster parents, jha, karan johar, kashmir, kashmir valley, kid on the block, kuch kuch hota, kuch kuch hota hai, massive volume, mumbai, nasreen, new kid on the block, parzania, raza, school friend, schoolboy, splendid location