New ‘James Bond’ film scrapped?July 2nd, 2010 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 2 (ANI): The new James Bond film has been axed due to a cash crisis, according to sources.
The 132-million-pound blockbuster, starring Daniel Craig, had been previously postponed amid “financial problems” at debt-ridden movie studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, which co-funded the film.
But now it has been confirmed that the movie has been scrapped.
“Members of the production crew have been told the Bond film has been canned,” the Mirror quoted an insider as saying.
“There is a lot of bad feeling as a lot of time, money and hard work has already gone into this,” he added.
Moreover, production company EON confirmed in a statement: “We do not know when development will resume and cannot comment further at this stage.”
However, Mark Adams of Screen International offered some cheer to fans, and said: “The last two films did phenomenally well and the series is a very reliable performer. EON will want to keep it in the family, it’s an iconic brand.”
“This doesn’t mean the end of the Bond films. The question is how long it will take to make another one,” he added. (ANI)
- Cash Crisis Leads To Axing Of James Bond Film - Jul 05, 2010
- New James Bond movie shelved - Jul 02, 2010
- Next James Bond film on hold indefinitely - Apr 23, 2010
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- 'James Bond' set to roll again - Nov 06, 2010
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- 'James Bond' film set to resume production - Nov 07, 2010
- Time Warner bids $1.5 billion to take over MGM - Mar 24, 2010
- New James Bond film to release next year - Jan 12, 2011
- The latest Bond Girl is Berenice Marlohe - May 23, 2012
- 007 could get Bollywood-style makeover - Jan 17, 2010
- Filming of 'James Bond 23' Movie Canceled Due To MGM Bankruptcy - Jul 07, 2010
- New Bond Movie Canceled Owing To MGM's Financial Woes - Jul 10, 2010
- Sony Pictures to release the next James Bond movie - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: blockbuster, bond films, cash crisis, cheer, daniel craig, insider, james bond film, london, metro goldwyn mayer, mirror, new james bond, new james bond film, production crew, time money, two films