New head of CFSI- Nandita DasAugust 4th, 2009 - 5:24 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Nandita Das has been appointed the new chairperson of the Children’s films Society of India and the tenure of her appointment subject to the provisions of Rule 18 of the aforesaid Rules and regulations shall be for a period of three years.
CFSI is actually a nodal Government of India organization, which provides complete entertainment for children through film and television with the intention to broaden their prospect and explaining the role of film and television. Actress-social activist Nafisa Ali was the head before. Nandita was appointed, when Nafisa had to resign to contest the Lok Sabha election from Lucknow on the Samajwadi Party ticket this year.
Nandita Das who herself is a National award-winning actress and independent filmmaker and has acted in several films in English, Hindi, Oriya, Urdu, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada and has been widely appreciated for her performances in Fire (1996), Earth (1998), Bawandar (2000) and Aamaar Bhuvan (2002). She has also directed the film Firaaq (2008), which has won a number of national and international awards. This 39-year-old daughter of celebrated Indian painter Jatin Das has done her B.A. (Hons) in Geography and M.A. (Social Work) from Delhi University.
- Sampurn Media
- Nandita Das new head of Children's Film Society - Jul 31, 2009
- Films have power to threaten subtly: Nandita Das - Apr 12, 2011
- I aim to bring powerful subjects on screen: Nandita Das - Apr 22, 2011
- Mainstream cinema not my cup of tea: Nandita Das - Apr 24, 2012
- Working in 55-year-old government structure not easy: Nandita - Jan 10, 2012
- I'm not doing 'Midnight's Children': Nandita Das - Feb 24, 2011
- Nandita Das appointed as Chairperson Children Film Society of India - Jul 31, 2009
- Nandita Das bestowed French honour - Apr 16, 2011
- New children's films are fun for adults as well - Jul 25, 2011
- I'll try to bring more kids to children film fest: Nandita Das - Sep 30, 2009
- Nandita Das In Kolkata To Shoot For Onir's Film - Mar 09, 2010
- Nandita Das to receive French honour - Apr 15, 2011
- Now Nandita to direct film on flesh trade - Sep 06, 2010
- Rebirth of children's film society - Nov 19, 2011
- 'Gattu' gets two awards at Los Angeles film fest - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: cfsi, complete entertainment, delhi university, english hindi, film and television, government of india, hons, independent filmmaker, indian painter, international awards, lok sabha election, lucknow, malayalam, nandita das, oriya, party ticket, Samajwadi Party, social activist, tamil telugu, television actress