New Hall of Fame to honour British music legendsMarch 6th, 2009 - 5:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 6 (ANI): British music stars will be honoured for their contribution in the industry with the creation of a hall of fame to rival its American counterpart.
The Hall of Fame, which is being developed by Live Aid producer Harvey Goldsmith, would be a part of the British Music Experience (BME), a museum space which opens to the public next week at the top of London’’s O2 arena, reports the Telegraph.
It may include stars voted for by the Britons themselves.
The memorabilia contains music including the trumpet hat Humphrey Lyttelton played on VE-Day, David Bowie’’s Ziggy Stardust costume, Noel Gallagher’’s Union Jack guitar and the outfit that Roger Daltrey, of The Who, wore on stage at Woodstock.
The British hall of fame is similar to the one in America, which was established in Cleveland, Ohio in 1986.
While revealing his plans, Goldsmith said, “In America they have a hall of fame for all their sports and entertainment.
“We don”t have anything, until today, that reflects the rich history of fantastic talent that we continue to spawn, that’’s conquered the world. That’’s the prime reason we built the British Music Experience.”
“We”re writing the rules. It’’s quite serious, you can”t mess around with this. My thoughts are that it should be a peer group experience at first it should be the musicians and key personalities of the industry who should vote. Whether it expands out like the Brits is another thing,” he added.(ANI)
- David Bowie's album the 'Gayest Ever' - Dec 16, 2009
- David Bowie rubbishes Ziggy Stardust claims - Jan 29, 2009
- BBC to test whether practice or personality creates great musicians - Jan 10, 2011
- Daltrey says Cowell wouldn't know talent even "if it bit him on the b*******" - Nov 19, 2010
- David Bowie in talks to reprise rock star ego at music festival - Jan 26, 2009
- All about the 'birth' of Lady Gaga - Mar 04, 2011
- Noel Gallagher calls modern pop stars rubbish - Jan 09, 2012
- Music industry bit strange for girls: Gallagher - Oct 24, 2011
- Liam Gallagher buys a house in New York - Aug 06, 2012
- 'Beady Eye' to perform at Daltrey's Cancer Benefit Gig - Feb 08, 2011
- Sting, Crow and Gabriel join hands to raise funds for kids' yoga - Jul 16, 2010
- Gallagher calls Beatles biopic a 'mega' project - Nov 21, 2011
- 'Brief Encounter' theme is UK's favourite classic - Apr 26, 2011
- Wikileaks' Assange backed by 3 influential Americans against espionage charges - Dec 14, 2010
- Leon Russell To Be Inducted In Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: american counterpart, british music, britons, brits, goldsmith, group experience, hall of fame, humphrey lyttelton, live aid, museum space, music experience, music legends, music stars, noel gallagher, peer group, prime reason, rich history, roger daltrey, s union, ziggy stardust