New date, venue for Bryan Adams’ Delhi concert (Third Lead)February 15th, 2011 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) For Bryan Adams’ fans disappointed over his Tuesday Delhi show being cancelled - cheer up! The Canadian rocker will be back in New Delhi soon, the organisers said. Organisers of the Micromax Bryan Adams Live in Concert India Tour are planning an alternative date and venue for the event in the national capital.
The event in Delhi Tuesday was cancelled as police refused to grant a no objection certificate (NOC) due to security concerns.
“Netsurf Entertainment are working towards finalising an alternative venue and date to reschedule the Bryan Adams concert in New Delhi since public safety is a priority,” a spokesperson on behalf of the organisers, said in a statement through SMS.
The Bryan Adams concert in the capital was to be held at the NSIC exhibition grounds in south Delhi’s Okhla industrial area. The unexpected rains coupled with excessive sale of tickets over the ground’s capacity apparently led to the denial of NOC.
“The unexpected heavy rains in the city have made the venue very unsafe. Due to the success of prior shows in Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore, the police anticipated a huge crowd outside the venue, even though organisers stopped selling tickets after 6,000 were sold,” said the statement.
However, the organisers have clarified that the five-city tour shall continue as scheduled in other cities.
“Bryan is keen to perform in New Delhi and does not want to disappoint his fans. He will perform in Hyderabad tomorrow where all formalities have been undertaken,” the spokesperson added.
Meanwhile, actor Arshad Warsi, who along with other actors from the movie “F.A.L.T.U.” was supposed to perform at the Delhi concert, has hinted that the event has now been planned for Sunday.
“Unfortunately the concert has been postponed to the 20th so gonna do some press conference n TV interview n head for Hyd tomorrow mrng… (sic),” Arshad posted on his Twitter page.
Bryan Adams, popular for hits like “Everything I do”, “Summer of 69″ and “18 Till I Die”, has already peformed at Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore, and drew large crowds.
- No NOC yet for Bryan Adams' Delhi concert - Feb 15, 2011
- No NOC, rains too...Bryan Adams Delhi concert called off (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- No nod yet for Bryan Adams' concert, fans fear the worst (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Bryan Adams Delhi gig yet to get police clearance - Feb 14, 2011
- Shiamak Davar to perform opening acts for Bryan Adams India tour - Feb 05, 2011
- Fans feel let down at aborted Bryan Adams concert - Feb 15, 2011
- Bryan Adams receives $10,000 for his foundation, more to come - Feb 13, 2011
- Bryan Adams' rescheduled concert also called off - Feb 17, 2011
- Akon's Gurgaon concert on track, say organisers - Apr 14, 2011
- Bryan Adams will come back to Delhi: Suniel Shetty - Feb 16, 2011
- Bryan Adams concert tickets selling like hot cakes - Feb 09, 2011
- Bryan Adams demands 100 white towels for India tour - Jan 19, 2011
- Bryan Adams to enthrall Indian fans in February - Nov 17, 2010
- Bryan Adams to receive 15-foot guitar as gift - Feb 09, 2011
- Bryan Adams loves tandoori delights! - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: arshad warsi, bryan adams, canadian rocker, cheer up, exhibition grounds, formalities, heavy rains, india tour, micromax, mumbai, new date, New Delhi, objection certificate, organisers, public safety, security concerns, south delhi, spokesperson, tv interview, venue