New controversy amuses NarmmadaaJune 9th, 2009 - 9:31 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
If it were any other newcomer, she would have been frazzled by the onslaught of controversies coming her way. But not Govinda’s daughter
When the beautiful Narmmadaa Ahuja escorted Salman Khan to IIFA Awards a year ago, the media promptly linked her up with the actor. Later, someone incorrectly floated the news that she was to debut opposite Shahid Kapur. Then, there were media reports about Salman launching her in one of his home productions and others stating director Nikhil Advani would. Just as all this hoopla died down, various numerologists jumped to different conclusions about her modified name-spelling; some calling it “cool’ and some terming it “inauspicious’.
Now, Patna-based journalist Subhash K Jha, in an article titled “Kya hoga Nammo ka?’ in Mumbai Mirror newspaper, has alleged that her father does not have time to devote to Narmmadaa. The gritty girl laughs at this insinuation. “It’s untrue but amusing. Though it’s a figment of the writer’s creative imagination, it gives me a great feeling that the media wants to keep writing about me,” she chuckles.
The article alleges that her illustrious father has kept her debut on hold to concentrate on his own Bollywood releases. It claims that when approached, “none of Govinda’s choice of directors, David Dhawan or Nikhil Advani, had the dates”. The article quotes Govinda saying, “I can’t devote time to Nammo’s (Narmmadaa) launch when there’s this rush-hour going in my career… Once my films release, Nammo’s launch will happen.” On a contrary note, the article even claims that Govinda is trying to persuade his buddy David Dhawan to launch Narmmadaa.
“The journalist has preferred to pick up selective quotes of my father and rearrange them in a context suited to tabloid-style journalism. I’m slowly coming to terms with such misleading reports,” quips Narmmadaa as she makes fun of the whole “story’.
On a serious note, her publicist Dale Bhagwagar informs that the budding actress is reading three scripts right now. “She has just returned from a long trip to London and is now headed to Macau for the next IIFA Awards. On the film front, there’s still some time for the announcements to come and the current names floating in the media market are mere speculation,” he says.
We are waiting with our fingers crossed.
- Govinda's Daughter Narmmadaa Signs Three Movies! - Sep 25, 2010
- Govinda's daughter; Bollywood's new glamour girl - May 19, 2009
- Narmada Ahuja is all set to make her debut - May 19, 2009
- Govinda, Narmmadaa shine at Reynu Tandon's show - Feb 19, 2012
- Govinda wishes Big B speedy recovery - Feb 19, 2012
- I won't like to debut with a newcomer: Govinda's daughter - Nov 18, 2009
- Nargis denies signing Nikhil Advani's film - Mar 06, 2012
- Salman's ignorance towards Narmada irked Govinda - Aug 17, 2010
- New league of star kids on Bollywood's threshold - May 25, 2009
- Patiala House Posters Changed To Incorporate Anushka Sharma - Jan 05, 2011
- David Dhawan to bring Salman, Govinda together - Oct 30, 2010
- Narmmadaa's the latest fitness freak! - Aug 31, 2009
- Salman And David In Talks To Come Up With Partner 2 - Aug 16, 2010
- PR Orientation Programme for career in entertainment media - Aug 05, 2010
- Salman's RSVP to David Dhawan from Cuba - Feb 11, 2012
Tags: ahuja, controversies, creative imagination, david dhawan, figment, hoopla, illustrious father, insinuation, jha, journalist, launch, misleading reports, newcomer, nikhil advani, numerologists, onslaught, publicist, rush hour, salman khan, shahid