New channel Life OK launched, Madhuri to be sutradhaarDecember 18th, 2011 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 18 (IANS) Star India’s new channel Life OK goes on air Sunday with Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit being the ’sutradhaar’. The stories will have compelling content that flows from the philosophy that ‘Life is Ok’, and ad breaks are kept shorter.
“Life OK is a unique name which is in itself a statement of its philosophy, compelling content that flows from that philosophy and an unprecedented focus to cater to the viewer’s needs,” Star India CEO Uday Shankar said in a statement.
“We found that viewers wanted better value for their time. Hence the stories on Life OK will be told seven days a week and will feature three stories every hour. People often said that they did not understand why we were doing a certain story and hence Madhuri Dixit will be the ’sutradhar’ - a completely novel introduction on Life OK,” Shankar added.
The channel also promises to have shorter ad breaks.
“Everybody that we spoke to said that they wanted shorter ad breaks, so Life OK will have the shortest ad breaks for any channel anywhere in this country,” Shankar said.
Being a ’sutradhaar’, Madhuri will guide viewers about the stories on the channel and its link to the channels philosophy.
The shows cover a wide spectrum of emotions - “Meri Maa” pays tribute to special bond between a mother and a child; “Mahadev” is about Lord Shiva’s journey; “Saubhagyavati Bhava” shows the sorrow of a young woman whose parents focused on external appearances while choosing her life partner; “Smile Please” shares that the glue that binds a family is the values and not the money; and “Tum Dena Saath Mera” will show how simple joys of life have become casualties of materialistic world.
And there will be “Sach Ka Saamna”, hosted by Rajeev Khandelwal, which will put the spotlight on pervasive moral and economic corruption.
- TV show aims to curb domestic violence - Mar 08, 2012
- 'Where goddesses are worshipped, women are treated badly' (With Image) - Jan 31, 2012
- Small screen apes big; creativity down the tube - Jul 07, 2012
- Urvashi as Komolika again! Albeit in positive avatar (With Images) - Jan 30, 2012
- Today's television frivolous, lacks worthwhile content: Om Puri (Interview) (With Images) - Mar 27, 2012
- Now, new spiritual channel for Jains - Dec 08, 2011
- On TV, Sony ruled the roost (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2011
- I was scared of people hating me: Karanvir Bohra - Jun 18, 2012
- Now Star Plus shows same day, same time across globe - Jul 08, 2011
- Avoid link-ups, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - May 03, 2012
- Indian reality TV is Bollywood show all the way! - Feb 05, 2011
- Small screen got starry, regional and real (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 18, 2010
- Kunder proud of 'assistant' Karan Malhotra (Movie Snippets) - Jan 26, 2012
- Kiran Bedi supports new crime show (With Images) - Apr 24, 2012
- Madhuri signs Bhardwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya' - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: bhava, casualties, corruption, diva, emotions, glue, life partner, lord shiva, maa, madhuri dixit, mahadev, materialistic world, New Delhi, saamna, seven days, simple joys, sorrow, tum, uday shankar, young woman