New Bond book too old to be filmedAugust 21st, 2008 - 6:12 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 21 (ANI): Movie bosses have declined the chance to adapt the latest James Bond book for the big screen, because its plot is too old-fashioned.
In a bid to commemorate Bond creator Ian Fleming’’s centenary this year, British novelist Sebastian Faulks had written Devil May Care.
Faulks confirmed in May (08) that Eon Productions were considering turning the book into a movie, but the plans have since been shelved.
“Devil May care is a period book which is set in the 1960s and it really wouldn”t fit as one of the films that Eon has been producing recently, Contactmusic quoted Bond producer Barbara Broccoli, as saying. (ANI)
- American writer Jeffery Deaver to pen next James Bond novel - May 28, 2010
- Filming of 'James Bond 23' Movie Canceled Due To MGM Bankruptcy - Jul 07, 2010
- New Bond movie filming cancelled indefinitely - Apr 20, 2010
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- Production of 'James Bond' movie suspended 'indefinitely' - Apr 21, 2010
- New 007 book smashes sales record - Jun 05, 2008
- New James Bond novel hits the shelves - May 28, 2008
- 'Bond 23' suspended indefinitely! - Apr 21, 2010
- Sam Worthington as new James Bond? - Apr 22, 2010
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Brit ITV drama's executive producer suspended over racism in role selection - Mar 15, 2011
- James Mcavoy all set to play Ian Fleming in an upcoming movie - Jan 03, 2010
- Koran-bashing author warned of 'severe consequences' by British Muslim community - Aug 25, 2009