New Audrey Hepburn’s pictures to be shown in publicApril 26th, 2009 - 2:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 26 (ANI): Images of Audrey Hepburn, which were captured in Paris during a film’s break, are to be the part of an exhibition that opens in Britain next week to coincide with the 80th anniversary of her birth.
The snaps were taken when the then 28-year-old beauty was trying to start a family with new husband and fellow actor Mel Ferrer.
One of the photographs, which were taken by photographer Sam Shaw, shows Hepburn resting against a tree in the Bois de Boulogne during a break in filming for the 1957 film Love In The Afternoon.
Another sees the actress clutching her beloved Yorkshire Terrier, Mr Famous.
“She was very professional and very sweet,” The Telegraph quoted Melissa Stevens, granddaughter of Shaw and manager of his archive, as saying.
“Nobody had a bad word to say about her and she travelled around the world for her career which must have been personally quite demanding,” she added.
According to Melissa, Shaw, who was best-known for his portrait of Marilyn Monroe standing over a street grille with her skirt billowing for The Seven Year Itch in 1955, snapped Hepburn over a four-year period and was granted unprecedented access to his subjects because they were also his friends.
“He was a Renaissance man and saw only a narrow line between his life and his work so his photographs would fit into the time he spent with these actors and actresses off the set,” she said.
Audrey died from colon cancer in Switzerland 1993.
Proud Galleries and The Sam Shaw Archives, Ltd. presents Audrey and Marilyn is showing at Proud Central, 32 John Adam Street, London between 30th April and 26th July www.proud.co.uk. (ANI)
- Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn my style icons: Priyanka Chopra - Sep 10, 2011
- Hepburn's hairstyle named most influential ever - May 24, 2011
- Hilton doesn't copy style! - Jul 09, 2011
- Monroe's nude pictures surface - Jun 04, 2012
- Audrey Hepburn voted 'Most Beautiful Woman of 20th century - Jul 01, 2010
- Is Angelina Jolie A Mixture Of Elizabeth Taylor And Audrey Hepburn? - Dec 04, 2010
- Emma Thompson Finds Audrey Hepburn "Fantastically Twee" - Aug 14, 2010
- Richard Lester donates Beatles films' drafts - Aug 25, 2010
- Emma Thompson Dismisses Audrey Hepburn As 'Twee' - Aug 14, 2010
- Winehouse's 'Back To Black' dress on auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Aamir honours Audrey Hepburn - May 07, 2009
- Emma Thompson slams Audrey Hepburn & says that she can't sing and act - Aug 11, 2010
- Sonam invited to Salvatore Ferragamo headquarter - Feb 16, 2012
- Hepburn stamps to go under the hammer - Oct 17, 2010
- Why is Pixie Lott anti-social networking? - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: actor mel, actors and actresses, audrey hepburn, bad word, colon cancer, fellow actor, granddaughter, john adam street, love in the afternoon, marilyn monroe, mel ferrer, melissa shaw, melissa stevens, proud central, proud galleries, renaissance man, sam shaw, street london, yorkshire, yorkshire terrier