New album was a trial by fire: Robert PlantNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:30 am ICT by admin
He wonders whether the Nashville-recorded album will get the same response from music listeners as has been received by the Led Zeppelin reunion concert.
“People don’t seem to have much time to actually stop before they are on to the next thing,” he said.
The rocker, however, still considers Raising Sand to be a success.
“If it’s a success, that’s great. But if it’s not, I’ll still think it’s a success because we did it,” he said.
Plant also revealed that working with Alison turned out to be a very different experience for him.
“We were just sitting back looking at each other, going, ’s**t’. I mean she taught me to sing!” he said.
“I thought I’d probably been around too long but she taught me to sing delicate harmonies. I really had to think and learn about musical intervals. It was trial by fire but you can’t tell because I got it. I got it. The first day I got there with an acoustic guitar she was saying you go from the fourth fret to the sixth and down to one. I was going ‘What!? Well what about baby, baby?’” he added. (ANI)
- Lily Allen wants to make country album - Dec 11, 2009
- Shiamak Davar wants to popularise pop with 'Shabop' (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Hariharan composing for his first Hindi movie - May 11, 2011
- I'll rest in 30 years: Julio Iglesias - Jun 07, 2012
- Spanish singer thrilled with success of first album - Oct 20, 2011
- Quality of music getting poor: Anand-Milind - May 19, 2012
- For Harshdeep, lyrics are backbone of a song (With Image) - May 15, 2012
- 'Kaun kenda hai' my personal favourite: composer (With Image) - Mar 20, 2012
- All that jazz: Warming up to Grammy awardee Larry Carlton - Dec 07, 2010
- Gurdas Maan set for US tour, says he'll sing new songs (With Image) - Jul 20, 2012
- Taylor, Bieber working together again - Jul 12, 2012
- Where have private Indipop albums gone? - Oct 07, 2011
- Rahman's 'Sajna' in Michael Bolton' album - May 10, 2011
- Teen music prodigy composes for top Latino artists - Dec 06, 2011
- India needs to promote classical music aggressively: Hidayat Hussain (Interview) - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: acoustic guitar, alison, baby baby, delicate harmonies, ecstatic, fret, good fun, led zeppelin, music listeners, musical intervals, new album, nothing worse than being, raising sand, reunion concert, texture, trial by fire