Never attack personal life in spoofs: Cyrus SahukarJune 11th, 2012 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 11 (IANS) From “Pidhu” to “Semi Girebal”, veejay-turned-actor Cyrus Sahukar has managed to spoof a lot of celebrities so far. But he has a golden rule that helps him steer clear of controversies — he avoids taking a dig at people’s personal lives.
“On an average, I think most of the people do not get really offended by spoofs because I have always had a golden rule. I never ever attack or make fun of someone’s personal life. It’s purely professional. So, a dramatic war has never come my way,” Cyrus told IANS.
In fact, Cyrus says rather than feeling insulted, most celebrities find spoofs on them very interesting and take them sportingly.
“Most people I know have told me that they have loved their own spoofs. There was a spoof we did on Abhishek Bachchan and when we were doing ‘Delhi-6′, he told me, ‘I have had so much fun seeing it, if you ever do it again, I want to be in it’,” Cyrus said.
The 33-year-old is currently busy hosting National Geographic’s new show “Teenovators”, where 16 kids try to accomplish tasks, assigned by CEOs of some of the country’s best known companies.
The show may sound intellectual, but Cyrus guarantees it is unlike other boring aptitude test.
“I think it is very adventurous because its base is only adventure. At the end of the day, it is not an IQ test, it is not an aptitude test. It’s about the innovative teenager of our country,” he said.
Cyrus feels the show, which is already on air, gives an impetus to young minds which like to think out-of-the-box.
“This is a podium for the people who think that it’s okay to think out-of-the-box and it’s okay to have fun with an idea rather that beat it down immediately,” he added.
- Unconventional films are a safe bet: VJ Ayushmann - Mar 14, 2012
- Reality shows are going to die soon: Rannvijay - Sep 08, 2012
- Can't wait for 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan': KJo (Movie Snippets) - Sep 12, 2012
- John calls himself 'item producer' - Mar 31, 2012
- 'Aisha', a fun-filled romantic film, says Sonam Kapoor - Jul 30, 2010
- Manish Paul's forte - making sense out of nonsense (With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- 'India's Got Talent' created job for participants: Cyrus Sahukar - Jul 10, 2012
- Travel shows get makeover in India: Gaurav Kapoor (With Image) - Feb 08, 2012
- I wanted to prove myself as an actor: Ayushmann Khurrana - Apr 27, 2012
- Not thought about 'Vicky Donor' sequel: John - May 17, 2012
- Celebrities should support Bollywood's Razzies: Cyrus Broacha - Feb 26, 2011
- 'Sperm donation common, people keep mum' - Mar 25, 2012
- Cyrus Sahukar busy scripting a comedy - Sep 20, 2010
- It's an art to smile at failure: Cyrus Broacha - Mar 12, 2010
- Ayushmann's take on acting, anchoring (Movie Snippets) - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, aptitude test, celebrities, ceos, controversies, golden rule, impetus, iq test, national geographic, New Delhi, personal life, personal lives, podium, spoof, spoofs, teenager, veejay