Nervous Shatrughan shies from daughter’s debut filmSeptember 10th, 2010 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Sep 10 (IANS) Believe it or not, actor Shatrughan Sinha has not been able to bring himself to watch his daughter Sonakshi’s debut in “Dabangg”. He admits he’s too nervous.
Like the father of a bride about to be married, he too is tense and anxious to watch his daughter’s maiden performance. So whenever there’s been a screening, Sinha is out of town — travelling for work purposes.
The most recent example of his inability to watch Sonakshi’s film, which stars Salman Khan, was when there was a special screening last week for the cast, crew and their family.
Finally when cornered with the charge that he is consciously avoiding his daughter’s film, the ever-candid actor admits he has indeed been avoiding eye contact with Sonakshi’s debut.
Said Sinha: “You tell me, which father would not be nervous and tense when his daughter is stepping into a new phase in her life? People say Sonakshi has my confidence on screen. That makes me really proud. But I don’t want to make her self-conscious. I’ve seen bits and pieces of the film with her. And I couldn’t control my tears.”
The anxious father would rather watch the film after the verdict on his daughter is out Friday. “Let the world see her first. I’d rather go after I know she’s been accepted.”
In the meanwhile, Sonakshi’s proposed trip to Patna with Salman has been cancelled.
“Bihar was declared a drought-stricken area. Now it’s declared a flooded area. Either way, we were advised not to appear in Bihar in a celebratory mood. Sonakshi will be in Bihar with Salman later,” Sinha said.
- Nervous Father Shatrughan Sinha Stays Away From His Daughter's Film - Sep 10, 2010
- So what if I play Kamal Haasan's wife: Sonakshi - Mar 14, 2011
- Shatrughan Sinha: Faces Arrest Warrant In Bihar - Jan 24, 2011
- Shatrugan Sinha's better, says doctor (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Kamal Haasan still keen on Sonakshi? - Jul 29, 2011
- Sonakshi-Katrina: No love lost over soap - Feb 14, 2011
- I can't defy any command from my daughter: Shatrughan Sinha - Aug 15, 2012
- Sonakshi Sinha homesick, dad pays a surprise visit (With Image) - Sep 07, 2012
- Salman doesn't need good luck wishes: Sonakshi - Aug 13, 2012
- I'm not scared of item numbers: Sonakshi Sinha - Mar 23, 2011
- Sonakshi's role cooler in 'Joker' than 'Dabangg': Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Feb 22, 2012
- Sonakshi Sinha: Hopping the ladder to success with Aplomb - Dec 13, 2010
- Sonakshi denies posing in bikini for Maxim cover - Dec 14, 2010
- We're going to do 'Partner 2' now: Salman - Aug 15, 2010
- Leave Sonakshi alone, say her angry mom - May 12, 2011