Nelson Mandela inspires Naomi CampbellOctober 20th, 2010 - 12:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 20 (IANS) Super model Naomi Campbell has revealed that she looks up to former South African president Nelson Mandela for inspiration when times get tough for her.
The British beauty has formed a close bond with Mandela since their meeting in early 1990s and he fondly refers to her as his “honorary granddaughter”.
She says his fight for freedom during South Africa’s apartheid gives her the strength to overcome her troubles, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“I have to pinch myself sometimes because who in the world doesn’t want to know Nelson Mandela? But I’ve been extremely blessed to have been in his presence many times…He’s someone who I often think about when things get tough and life isn’t full of roses. Nothing can be as hard as what he went through,” she said.
“Now, I don’t have his constitution for forgiving. I hope one day to acquire that. But I don’t hold grudges either. When things happen, I just kind of want to move away from them for a while and hope that things will come back in a more positive light,” she said.
- Who Inspires Naomi Campbell? - Oct 21, 2010
- Campbell wants kids, but only when she is ready - Sep 02, 2010
- Campbell rejects 'supermodel' title - Feb 08, 2012
- Campbell 'facing war crimes court appearance over blood diamond' - May 21, 2010
- Naomi Campbell says she gave 'blood diamonds' to Mandela charity - Aug 06, 2010
- Google to donate 1.25 million dollars for Nelson Mandela's archive - Mar 10, 2011
- Naomi Campbell's video tribute to Mandela's great-granddaughter - Jun 19, 2010
- Delhi toasts spirit of Nelson Mandela - Jul 18, 2011
- Campbell would've loved to be sprinter - Aug 11, 2012
- Naomi Campbell vows to keep mum on 'blood diamond' issue - Apr 22, 2010
- I have nothing to gain from lying about 'blood diamonds', says Campbell - Aug 11, 2010
- South African writer scouting for Bollywood producer - Oct 10, 2010
- Nelson Mandela's great-granddaughter killed in car crash after World Cup concert - Jun 11, 2010
- Campbell's blood diamond testimony 'crucial' in Taylor's trial - Jul 18, 2010
- Naomi Campbell was 'excited to meet Liberian leader Charles Taylor' - Aug 14, 2010
Tags: apartheid, constitution, early 1990s, femalefirst, freedom, granddaughter, grudges, inspiration, london, naomi campbell, nelson mandela, presence, president nelson mandela, roses, south africa, south african president, super model, world doesn