Nelly Furtado ‘to release first Spanish album’June 4th, 2009 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 4 (ANI): Singer Nelly Furtado is to release her first album recorded completely in Spanish, it has emerged.
According to US music magazine Billboard, the 30-year-old has already been heard singing in Spanish on duets with Colombian rock star Juanes, and on her 2006 Latin American single, No Hay Igual, reports The BBC.
Furtado, who shot to fame in 2000 with her hit single I’m Like a Bird, also announced a Portuguese language album via her Myspace blog.
In 2008, she secretly married her boyfriend, sound engineer Demacio Castellon. (ANI)
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
- Nelly Furtado fed up of composing in English - Aug 11, 2009
- Tony Bennett' next album in Spanish - Jan 17, 2012
- Nelly Furtado 'struggles to write passionate lyrics in English' - Aug 12, 2009
- Nelly Furtado rewrote album to please daughter - Sep 19, 2009
- Enrique Iglesias the big winner at Latin music awards - Apr 30, 2011
- Camila Bags Three Awards At The Latin Grammys 2010 - Nov 12, 2010
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Ex-Miss Universe to judge this year's contest - Sep 02, 2011
- Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal lead nominations for Ivor Novello Awards - Apr 21, 2010
- Julio Iglesias working on new album of hits - Sep 13, 2010
- Mana reach No. 1 on Billboard Latin Songs - Jan 13, 2012
- Furtado was a 'hopeless rebel' - Sep 17, 2012
- Singer Nelly Furtado donating $1 million from Gaddafi bash - Mar 01, 2011
- Don Omar tops Latin songs chart with `Taboo' - Aug 05, 2011