Nelly Furtado launches her own record labelMarch 17th, 2009 - 3:47 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 17 (ANI): Singer Nelly Furtado has launched her own record label in a bid to lend a helping hand to hopeful musicians.
The Hey Man hitmaker has launched her own record label called Nelstar in co-operation with Canadian independent record company Last Gang Labels.
Furtado has already signed up a Toronto-based electro-pop quartet Fritz Helder and the Phantoms under her newly launched record label.
“I”ve been thinking about a way to help Fritz Helder for a while and this venture grew out of my love for the band, their art and their work ethic. I am as committed as they are to bringing their creativity to the world, Contactmusic quoted her as saying.
Meanwhile, Furtado was also in news for topping the European charts. (ANI)
- Furtado was a 'hopeless rebel' - Sep 17, 2012
- Singer Nelly Furtado donating $1 million from Gaddafi bash - Mar 01, 2011
- Nelly Furtado sued for piracy - Jun 17, 2009
- Nelly Furtado to donate $1M paycheck from Qaddafi to charity - Mar 01, 2011
- Nelly Furtado, Timbaland facing copyright infringement lawsuit - Jun 17, 2009
- Childhood friendship kept Arctic Monkeys together - Aug 22, 2011
- Canadian author in war of words with Toronto mayor - Aug 03, 2011
- LiLo to launch new website - Jan 03, 2011
- Lily Allen signs on to star in TV show on her life - Mar 10, 2010
- Leona Lewis to launch clothing range - Feb 13, 2011
- For studios, filmmakers are mere caterers: Kashyap - Mar 16, 2012
- Our music is for the world: Rup of fusion band Josh (With Images) - Jul 16, 2011
- Nelly slams label for poor sales of his album - Nov 30, 2010
- Lucky Lou overwhelmed by Delhi response (With Images) - Jul 07, 2012
- Music industry hails new copyright law - May 23, 2012
Tags: creativity, electro pop, european charts, fritz, helder, helping hand, hey man, independent record company, labels, love, musicians, nelly furtado, phantoms, pop quartet, record label, work ethic