Neil’s First Screen Kiss With Deepika PadukoneJuly 29th, 2010 - 1:02 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
July 29, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Deepika Padukone has kissed Saif Ali Khan on screen. But her new co-star Neil Nitin Mukesh was a virgin kisser on camera when it happened last week. Neil had no choice but to succumb to a torrid kissing sequence with Deepika.
Katrina Kaif and Neil Nitin Mukesh have one thing in common. They both follow a no-kiss clause. Katrina broke her self-imposed bow of smooch-celibacy in New York.
Now the conservative Neil Nitin Mukesh has pulled out the plug on his no-kissing clause. For Yashraj Films Lafangey Parindey Neil was virtually forced to do a long lingering kissing scene with Deepika Padukone. Director Pradeep Sarkar and Deepika had to use every possible power of persusasion before Neil abandoned his chastity vow.
Says a source very close to the project, “At first, Neil was totally against the kiss with Deepika. Barring Katrina in New York with whom he had no opportunity for a kiss, Neil has refused to kiss in all his films. In fact, his first director Sriram Raghavan threw a fit when Neil refused to kiss Rimi Sen. In his second film Tera Kya Hoga Johnny director Sudhir Mishra insisted Neil to kiss Shahana Goswami. Neil refused. Even in Jail where there was a love-making scene with Mugda Godse Neil refused to kiss”.
Conservative to the core Neil plunged into his first kiss only after the director assured him that the romantic relationship needed a culmination.
Says the source, “Pradeep persuaded Neil and he finally saw his director’s point of view. But Neil was nervous. Deepika had kissed before on screen. Not Neil. He first suggested a peck. But he was finally persuaded to do a long torrid smooch comparable in intensity and duration with Aamir Khan and Karisma Kapoor’s kiss in Raja Hindustani”.
When contracted Neil said, “I can’t talk about this. But yes we’ve gone completely by the requirements of the script. And Lafangey Parinde is my first love story”.
–Subhash K. Jha/ Sampurn Wire
- Neil's First Onscreen Kiss With Deepika Padukone - Aug 06, 2010
- Neil's first screen kiss with Deepika Padukone - Jul 30, 2010
- Neil Breathing Easy After 'Lafangey Parindey'? - Aug 30, 2010
- Pradeep Sarkar gifts iPads to Neil, Deepika - May 18, 2010
- What secret does Neil keep from his dad? - Jul 25, 2010
- 'Lafangey Parindey' to release Aug 20 - Jun 25, 2010
- Ronit Sarkar Is The Voice Behind The Title Track Of Lafangey Parindey - Aug 18, 2010
- Shoot with wife gives Shah Rukh jitters - Aug 21, 2010
- Controlled hype for 'Lafangey Parindey' - Aug 19, 2010
- YRF's 'Lafangey Parindey' To Hit Theaters On Aug 20 - Jun 25, 2010
- Deepika Padukone To Audition For Colors' 'Khoj 2' In Tonight's Episode - Aug 15, 2010
- Director Pradeep Sarkar's son sings for 'Lafangey Parindey' - Aug 09, 2010
- Intimate scenes not Neil's forte! - Aug 12, 2010
- Neil becomes Deepika's make-up man while shooting 'Lafange Parindey' - Jul 20, 2010
- BIG Cinemas to release YRF's 'Lafangey Parindey' in US - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, celibacy, deepika padukone, first kiss, godse, goswami, hindustani, hoga, jha, karisma kapoor, katrina kaif, kisser, nitin mukesh, rimi sen, romantic relationship, saif ali khan, sarkar, screen kiss, sudhir mishra, yashraj films