Neil Nitin Mukesh, dad head to US togetherJuly 27th, 2008 - 9:07 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, July 27 (IANS) Neil Nitin Mukesh and his dad, singer Nitin Mukesh, are set to leave for the US next month. While the budding star will be realising his dream of acting in a Yash Raj Films banner, his father will be busy with live concerts. “I’ll be shooting the next Yashraj Film in New York. And dad will be with me off and on. But he’ll return to Mumbai for the Ganpati festival, which is a big thing in our home. Otherwise, we’ll both be in the US. I’ll be shooting and he’ll be doing his live concerts in various cities and joining me in New York whenever possible,” Neil told IANS.
The actor said he would make an effort to join his father for his concerts whenever possible.
“I always do that. I’ve been a part of my dad’s concerts from the time I was a kid. But this time it seems a little difficult because of my tight schedule. However I’ll try my best.”
Neil even sings with Nitish Mukesh at concerts.
“Yes. If I wasn’t an actor I’d be a singer. I think I carry my notes rather well.”
Neil, who got noticed for his performance in “Johnny Gaddar”, is truly excited about the Yash Raj project.
“It just such an honour to be finally doing a film for what both dad and I consider our home banner. Dad is a close friend of Yash uncle. I served as an assistant on some Yashraj projects and dreamt that one day I’ll be acting in a Yashraj film. Now it’s finally happening,” he said.
The young actor is currently wrapping up “Freeze” with Bipasha Basu.
“Freeze is taking longer than we thought. It’s an out-and-out action film. And every action sequence is an elaborate process and is time-consuming.”
Neil recently shot for six days with Kabir Khan for his film at Yashraj Studios that stars John Abraham and Katrina Kaif.
“It was supposed to be the interiors of New York. I found myself being so comfortable with John and Katrina.”
John has in fact taken Neil under his wings. And when Bipasha was hesitant about accepting “Freeze” with Neil because of her professional seniority, John convinced her it was the right thing to do.
“God bless John,” Neil remarked.
And no girlfriend yet?
“That’s my next mission in life,” he laughed.
- Blessed to be singer Mukesh's grandson: Neil - Jul 22, 2012
- Big B remembers 'benevolent' Achala Sachdev (Movie Snippets) - May 01, 2012
- Rani is Out, Katrina is Aditya Chopra's New Muse - Aug 17, 2010
- Pradeep Sarkar gifts iPads to Neil, Deepika - May 18, 2010
- Emraan an accommodating co-star, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 03, 2012
- Neil's First Onscreen Kiss With Deepika Padukone - Aug 06, 2010
- Neil's First Screen Kiss With Deepika Padukone - Jul 29, 2010
- I don't miss John: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Aug 25, 2011
- I enjoyed doing stunts in 'Players': Neil - Nov 23, 2011
- Imran Signs His First YRF Movie Opposite Katrina - Aug 05, 2010
- Boman Irani to join son in 'Student of The Year'? (Movie Snippets) - Apr 18, 2012
- Bipasha on thanking spree! (Movie Snippets) - Jan 02, 2012
- You'll soon see me in a romantic role: Neil Mukesh - Apr 03, 2010
- Actors Deepika, Neil promote 'Lafangey Parindey' in Mumbai - Aug 13, 2010
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: action film, action sequence, bipasha basu, dad head, ganpati festival, honour, john abraham, kabir khan, katrina kaif, live concerts, mumbai, nitin mukesh, six days, subhash k jha, tight schedule, wings, yash raj films, yashraj film, young actor