Neil Diamond credits first wife for his successful music careerJune 23rd, 2008 - 3:55 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jun 23 (ANI): American singer-songwriter Neil Diamond has given credit to his first wife Jayne Posner for his successful music career.
The legendary pop music singer revealed that Posner was the one who gave him the inspiration to start writing songs.
The first time that Diamond realized he had talent, was after he successfully seduced Posner with a heartfelt song that he had written when he was a lovesick teenager.
“I was 16 and had a crush on a girl, and I wrote a song, about ‘I love you so much, let’s run off and get married.’ I played it for her and she married me, Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
“So I said, ‘I’ve got to try this again’. It was pretty bad, but it worked,” he added.
Diamond had married Posner in 1963 when he was 23-years-old, but even though she inspired him to write songs, they divorced after only six years of marriage.
He is currently dating Australian singer Rachel Farley. (ANI)
- Neil Diamond to wed third time - Sep 08, 2011
- Jon Secada calls himself a `workingman of music' - Feb 15, 2012
- Jessie J an inspiration for Britons, says Picton - Jul 28, 2012
- Rod Stewart honoured with lifetime achievement award - Apr 30, 2011
- Paltrow thinks husband Chris is like Picasso - Aug 04, 2011
- Neil Diamond to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Dec 16, 2010
- Bisexual lover dumped Adele, at 18, for gay friend - Jun 25, 2012
- Amaan, Ayaan's new album - fusion of classical and country music - Aug 23, 2011
- Una Healy to wed boyfriend - Dec 18, 2011
- Pitbull wins pop songwriter prize - May 18, 2012
- Neil Diamond to be inducted into hall of fame - Jan 25, 2011
- Neil Diamond To Release New Album In November - Sep 29, 2010
- Mike Posner's "31 Minutes To Takeoff" All Set To Hit Music Stores - Jul 29, 2010
- New Take That album coming out next year - May 23, 2012
- Feliciano's new CD dedicated to Elvis Presley - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: 23 years, american singer, australian singer, first wife, heartfelt song, inspiration, marriage, music career, music singer, neil diamond, pop music, posner, singer songwriter, six years, successful music, teenager, writing songs