Neha Dhupia happy with ‘Maximum’ lookJune 19th, 2012 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 18 (IANS) Playing the role of a ‘desi’ housewife in Kabeer Kaushik’s ‘Maximum’, Bollywood actress Neha Dhupia will sport a completely different look in the film and is very happy about this.
“I am very happy that I get to play this role in a film like ‘Maximum’. Kabeer is such a capable director and I am so happy he thought I was capable enough to play this role,” she said at the music launch of the movie Monday.
Also featuring Naseeruddin Shah, Sonu Sood and Vinay Pathak, ‘Maximum’ is an all-out action thriller.
Neha will be seen in a rather simple and completely domestic look in the film. She plays the role of Sonu’s wife, Supriya. Talking about her look in the film, she said: “I am wearing cotton sarees and it is avery different look.”
With an array of different films in her kitty, Neha says she only focuses on the script of a film while choosing roles.
“Nobody signs films thinking about their look. I think the only reason I sign a film is because of the script. But I have got a lot of opportunities where I had different looks. It’s very nice to get such opportunities but you should never base your decision on the clothes you like to wear,” she said.
Talking about the rest of the caste in the film, Neha said she is happy to be the only female character. “I think if the caste is all male and I am the only woman in the film, it’s easier to get noticed. If anyone had got this character, they would have done it,” she added.
Neha has been seen with Naseeruddin before as well and is all praises for him. “I have learnt a lot from him. He is an institution in himself. There are different schools of acting and he is one of them,” she said.
- Still not many women-oriented films: Neha Dhupia - Jun 12, 2012
- Can't wait to work with Madhuri again: Naseeruddin - Jun 18, 2012
- This is the time for action films, says Sonu Sood - Jun 19, 2012
- Length of a role doesn't matter to Naseer - Jun 19, 2012
- South more disciplined, Bollywood has also moved forward: Sonu Sood - Jun 22, 2012
- Wish I could've been part of 'Dabangg 2': Sonu Sood - Jan 26, 2012
- 'Maximum' a minimum-fuss crime drama (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Jun 29, 2012
- From real to reel: Reality inspires more Bollywood films - Jun 17, 2012
- Small films make it to big screen this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 27, 2012
- Chitrangada, Ayushmann excited to host IIFA Rocks - May 24, 2012
- Neha Dhupia is 'very choosy' - May 12, 2012
- 'Raajneeti' sequel is brilliant: Katrina - Aug 09, 2012
- Cops turn entertainers in Bollywood (Feature) - Jan 29, 2012
- Shopping a delight for Neha Dhupia - May 18, 2012
- Playing Dawood was tough for Sonu Sood - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: action thriller, array, avery, bollywood actress, caste, clothes, cotton sarees, female character, films, housewife, kabeer, kaushik, kitty, music launch, naseeruddin shah, neha dhupia, praises, signs, sonu sood