NBC sells $1 billion ads for Olympics 2012July 26th, 2012 - 6:31 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, July 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The National Broadcaster NBC announced on Wednesday that it has reached the $ 1 billion mark for the advertisement sales related to the Olympics.
The Olympic Games are set to begin this Friday and the NBC prides itself as having surpassed the previous ad sales in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. NBC has overcome a milestone in ad sales related to the Olympic Games and is advertisement revenue is dubbed as the biggest ever in the history of the Olympic Games.
NBC universal is looking forward to broadcast 5535 hours coverage of the Olympics on Telemundo, NBC and cable affiliates such as CNBC, NBC sports group, MSNBC as well as online. NBC has tripled its digital advertisement sales up to $ 60 million as compared to what the network earned 4 years ago.
The advertisement cost time per minute has also increased slightly by a margin of less than 10 percent. Individuals who want to be on the air and reach a worldwide Olympic audience can do so by booking an advertisement space at the NBC network.
NBC stands at an enviable position considering the fact that a majority of businesses would like to book advertising space especially in the third quarter of the Olympics.
This being an election year in the United States, NBC stated that the Barack Obama campaign has literally spent $ 6.5 million on national ads to be broadcast during the Olympics.
- Keith Olbermann leaves MSNBC after nearly eight years - Jan 22, 2011
- More people watched Games opening than royal wedding - Aug 07, 2012
- NBC to cut royal wedding coverage as Wills, Kate deemed 'too boring' - Apr 18, 2011
- US TV channel apologises for monkey ad - Aug 04, 2012
- Outrage over sexualized footage of female athletes - Aug 10, 2012
- Reliance Broadcast to sell all ADAG media services - Aug 30, 2010
- Comcast Completes NBC Universal Aquisition - Jan 30, 2011
- Al Jazeera English now available on Tata Sky too - Apr 26, 2012
- Book downloads overtake print sales - Aug 06, 2012
- Sun Network In Strategic Alliance With Network18 To Form Sun18 - Jul 21, 2010
- UAE's YahLive network launches sports channel - Aug 08, 2012
- Keith Olbermann Parts Ways With MSNBC - Jan 23, 2011
- Tata Communications breaks into Nigerian market - Jul 27, 2012
- Mid-East crisis: Clinton backs Al-Jazeera, criticizes US media in Senate - Mar 05, 2011
- The Ratings Of 'The Tonight Show' Have Been Far From Impressive This Summer - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: 2008 beijing olympic, 2008 beijing olympic games, 60 million, advertisement revenue, advertisement space, barack obama, cable affiliates, cnbc, election year, history of the olympic games, msnbc, national ads, national broadcaster, nbc, nbc network, nbc sports, olympic games, olympics 2012, sports group, telemundo