NBC renews “The Office”, “Parks and Recreation” and “CommunityMarch 19th, 2011 - 12:36 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Mar 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) NBC has renewed the airing of three more shows for next season. The network has new owners and the announcement in a way gave viewers and the media a look into how the network is going to be run under the new owners.
The network has added another season to the comedies The Office, Parks and Recreation and Community. 30 Rock had earlier on being renewed as well.
The Office was highly expected to be renewed because of the huge success it has enjoyed. The show though would not be returning next season with the star actor Steve Carell. Carell announced that he would be leaving the show next season but in a bid not to destabilize the subsequent seasons, he would be leaving much earlier in the latter part of this season.
Comcast- the new owners of NBC- are working to revive the network. The decision to renew “Community” and “Parks” has shocked many analysts but it gives the indication of how Comcast wants to handle the revival. Comcast might be considering the quality of programming rather than popularity of the shows to select programs for the network.
- Steve Carell All Set To Bid Adieu To "The Office" - Jun 29, 2010
- Will Ferrell To Guest Star In NBC's "The Office" - Jan 28, 2011
- Comcast Completes NBC Universal Aquisition - Jan 30, 2011
- Will Ferrell to enter The Office along the lines of Steve Carell - Jan 27, 2011
- Steve Carell Declares Retirement From "The Office" - Apr 29, 2010
- Steve Carell to quit 'The Office'? - Apr 29, 2010
- Steve Carell receives sixth Emmy award nomination - Jul 18, 2011
- Steve Carell is leaving 'The Office' - Jun 29, 2010
- Ricky Gervais To Do Cameo In US Version Of "The Office" - Jan 20, 2011
- NBC CEO Jeff Zucker Shown The Door By Comcast - Sep 25, 2010
- Producers of 'The Office' Want Harvey Keitel Replacing Steve Carell - Sep 03, 2010
- Contentious Ricky Gervais Is Listed To Put In An Appearance On NBC’s ‘The Office’ On ... - Jan 20, 2011
- Steve Carell Likely To Bid Farewell To 'Office' - Apr 29, 2010
- Harvey Keitel To Replace Steve Carell On "The Office"? - Sep 03, 2010
- Comcast NBC Merger Comes Under Scanner - Nov 30, 2010