NBC CEO Jeff Zucker Shown The Door By ComcastSeptember 25th, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Sep 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The media industry in USA has seen a major upheaval owing to the ouster of Jeff Zucker, the NBC Universal Chief Executive. His departure from the network came at a time when CNN showed the door to its President Jon Klein. NBC has been losing viewers at a rate that can be called alarming and the measures taken by Jeff Zucker had not worked in favor of the network. His rise in the industry has been phenomenal and he was the executive producer of “Today” show when he was just 26. He has reportedly told the reporter working in a leading daily that the departure is hardly of his own choice. He also added that it was an emotional parting for him.
He shot a letter to the employees of NBC network saying that for the last two decades he was a part and parcel of the network and did not give priority to any other entity. Comcast Corp is going to purchase a stake in NBC as it confirmed last year but the deal is yet to be made final. However, he has said that he will be at NBC till the deal is finalized. Since the year 2004 he has looked after the US operations of the network. He did not attempt to sound diplomatic while talking about his departure from NBC.
The prime time viewership of NBC took a hit in recent times and in 2010 it has fallen by a big margin. The deal between Comcast and NBC would be finalized by the end of this year and then Jeff Zucker will leave the network reportedly.
- Comcast Completes NBC Universal Aquisition - Jan 30, 2011
- Comcast NBC Merger Comes Under Scanner - Nov 30, 2010
- Katie Couric signs a $20 million deal with ABC - May 06, 2011
- Comcast CEO Brian Roberts Touts The Deal With NBC Positive - Dec 04, 2009
- NBC Adds More Shows To Netflix - Sep 27, 2010
- Jim Carrey And NBC Asked To Apologise For Hurting Hindu Sentiments - Jan 17, 2011
- Jews back Hindus asking apology from Jim Carrey, NBC for mocking Lord Ganesh - Jan 22, 2011
- NBC renews "The Office", "Parks and Recreation" and "Community - Mar 19, 2011
- Christians-Buddhists-Jews support Hindus upset over depiction of Lord Ganesh as sex act - Jan 31, 2011
- Katie Couric's show's name to be 'Katie' - Aug 23, 2011
- NBC Adds To Netflix Finally - Sep 27, 2010
- Comcast Outage Turns Up On The Eve Of Cyber Monday - Nov 30, 2010
- Regis Philbin Quits Over Pay Cut Row - Jan 23, 2011
- Buddhists seek "heartfelt apology from all involved" in Jim Carrey's mockery of Hindu Lord Ganesh - Jan 23, 2011
- America's Got Talent Judge Piers Morgan Joining CNN - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: ceo, chief executive, cnn, comcast, comcast corp, decades, executive producer, jeff zucker, jon klein, measures, nbc, nbc network, ouster, president jon, prime time, priority, stake, today show, upheaval, viewership