NBC Cancels Spy Drama Series “Undercovers”November 5th, 2010 - 5:30 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The handful of viewers who loved watching the NBC spy television series “Undercovers” are in for a huge disappointment as the show has been canceled by the network. The television drama series which made its debut on the network in the month of September this year has aired only seven episodes till now and the NBC network officials took the decision to call off the series. The fact that NBC has pulled the plug on “Undercovers” was announced by the network on Thursday. However, officials of the network have reiterated that the episodes which have already gone into production would be aired in the upcoming few weeks.
Despite its much-hyped premiere on the NBC network on September 22, 2010, the spy television series never really took off and continued to get dismal reviews as well as poor ratings. The viewership of “Undercovers” further plummeted as it suffered stiff competition from the CBS series “Survivor” as well as ABC’s comedy series “The Middle” with both the shows gaining high popularity among the viewers. The latest episode of the Wednesday night series delivered a mere 5.8 million viewers and the low ratings have been consistent factor that has been plaguing the television series.
“Undercovers” grabbed wide attention when it premiered earlier this year with two lead black characters. The spy television series basically tells the story of a married couple who have to go back to their earlier jobs as spies after getting involved in a catering business. The series has been created by J. J. Abrams and has Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Boris Kodjoe playing the lead roles.
- J.J. Abrams' "Undercovers" Premiers On NBC - Sep 23, 2010
- Despite Underperformance, "Undercovers" Leaves A Mark With Its Cast - Sep 23, 2010
- NBC cancels 'Free Agents' - Oct 07, 2011
- "The Chicago Code" Makes Its Debut On Fox - Feb 08, 2011
- Warne's talk show cut before final episode - Jan 05, 2011
- The Ratings Of 'The Tonight Show' Have Been Far From Impressive This Summer - Sep 07, 2010
- NBC Reality Show "The Sing-Off" Back With A Bang - Dec 07, 2010
- "Hawaii Five-0" Thrills Viewers With Sunday Night Episode - Jan 24, 2011
- "Hawaii Five- O" Aired After AFC Match - Jan 25, 2011
- Latest Episode Of "Mad Men" Appreciated By Viewers - Aug 02, 2010
- Ratings for 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' remain high - Dec 18, 2010
- "Undercover Boss" Season 2 Makes Its Debut On CBS - Sep 27, 2010
- Britney Spears Soars "Glee" Ratings - Sep 30, 2010
- Actor Timothy Olyphant Impresses With His Appearance In "The Office" - Oct 23, 2010
- "Law & Order: Los Angeles" Makes Its Debut on NBC - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: boris kodjoe, catering business, cbs series survivor, comedy series, consistent factor, gina gomez, j j abrams, married couple, million viewers, nbc, nbc network, network officials, nov 5, spies, spy television, stiff competition, television drama series, television series, undercovers, viewership