NBC cancels ‘Free Agents’October 7th, 2011 - 7:56 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Oct 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Actor Hank Azaria’s efforts to get viewers to save his new show “Free Agents” failed. NBC has reported that the episode which was aired on Wednesday was the last. The network explained that the series’ disappointing rating prompted the decision.
“Free Agents” premiered on the 14th of September with about 6.3 million people tuning in to watch it. The rating from viewers between the ages of 18-49 was 2.1. The next episode however plummeted when only 3.9 million viewers tuned in. The reason for the drop was apparent.
Simon Cowell’s latest FOX reality show X Factor USA aired at the same time slot. As if that was not worse enough, the show also had to compete with CBS’ hit show Survivor.
Azaria, who is one of the stars of the show, tried a last ditch effort to save the show. He chose Twitter to appeal to his fans to save the show.
On Monday, Azaria wrote on his Twitter page that, “Hey kids, please watch Free Agents this Wednesday at 8:30. I fear it may be your last chance!!”
The tweet failed to get the viewers in. In fact the show suffered further loss in viewership when its average dropped to 3.3 million.
- Jay Leno's Tonight Show's Ratings Plummets To Record Low - Sep 07, 2010
- Conan O'Brien's Talk Show "Conan" Beats Other Late Shows Ratings - Nov 10, 2010
- 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' ratings drop - Nov 24, 2010
- 'Satyamev Jayate' first episode marks 90 mn viewership - May 16, 2012
- Kim Kardashian Fails To Help Piers Morgan With His Ratings On CNN Show - Jan 31, 2011
- 'Jersey Shore' premiere sets MTV record - Jan 13, 2011
- "Million Dollar Money Drop" Premieres On Fox - Dec 21, 2010
- Sheen's 'Anger Management' viewership drops - Jul 08, 2012
- Ratings for 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' remain high - Dec 18, 2010
- "Hawaii Five-0" Thrills Viewers With Sunday Night Episode - Jan 24, 2011
- Obama's 'The View' appearance sets ratings record - Jul 31, 2010
- "Jonas LA" To Be Canceled By Disney - Nov 10, 2010
- "Sons Of Anarchy" Season 3 Episode 8 Aired On FX - Oct 27, 2010
- "The Chicago Code" Makes Its Debut On Fox - Feb 08, 2011
- NBC Cancels Spy Drama Series "Undercovers" - Nov 05, 2010
Tags: actor hank azaria, cbs, factor usa, fox, free agents, hank azaria, hey kids, last chance, last ditch effort, million viewers, nbc, oct 7, reality show, show x, simon cowell, survivor, time slot, tweet, viewership, x factor