Nazi spoofing sci-fi film premieres at Berlin Film FestivalFebruary 16th, 2012 - 9:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Berlin, Feb 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A new movie spoofing the German Nazi has been premiered at the Berlin Film Festival. The Finnish movie titled “Iron Sky” was made with a total budget of nearly $10 million.
The producers say some of the amount was sourced from the public through media like the Internet. The movie is about a group of Nazis who survived the Second World War and relocated from the planet.
An American black astronaut chanced upon the Nazis who had settled at a military base out of space. They captured him and turned his skin to that of a white person before sending him back to the planet.
The Nazi is a major subject in Germany. Filmmakers in the country have often shunned the subject so the new movie has undoubtedly shocked many people with skeptics adopting the “wait and see” approach.
German producer Oliver Damian, who was part of the movie, told reporters during the screening that, “Over the years we needed to organize financing and we had a lot of obstacles to overcome in Germany because a lot of people were very critical of the project… We (younger Germans) have a different past and we are fully aware of this. I think you can make a dark comedy (about Nazis).”
- Nehru's 1938 rebuff to Nazis to be sold in Britain - Nov 11, 2011
- Germany defeat Faroe Islands 3-0 - Sep 08, 2012
- The mutt who mimicked the Nazi salute and mocked Hitler - Jan 08, 2011
- 'Dhobi Ghat' to be commercially released in Germany - Feb 17, 2011
- Neo-Nazis planning massive march in Germany to protest London memorial to Dresden bombers - Feb 05, 2011
- Internet campaign alleges George VI 'had Nazi sympathies' - Jan 17, 2011
- SRK to attend 'Don 2' screening at Berlinale - Jan 18, 2012
- Images of Hobbit dwarves released - Jul 08, 2011
- India, Finland sign social security accord - Jun 12, 2012
- Germany's first Hitler exhibition seeks to break age-old taboos - Oct 13, 2010
- German side Stuttgart signs midfielder Tunay Torun - Jun 07, 2012
- Now a crowd-funded spoof film fest! - Aug 21, 2012
- Hitler's exhibition in Berlin extended due to throngs of visitors - Jan 07, 2011
- Hitler's Nazi party financed 30% of WW II with stolen Jewish money - Nov 10, 2010
- Ear-shattering vuvuzelas are even driving Hitler nuts - Jun 17, 2010
Tags: 10 million, astronaut, berlin film festival, damian, dark comedy, festival berlin, film premieres, filmmakers, german nazi, german producer, germans, iron sky, major subject, military base, nazis, sci fi film, second world war, skeptics, spoofing, white person