Nawazuddin feels training must for actorsMay 27th, 2012 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who played an abusive officer in “Kahaani” and an informer in “Paan Singh Tomar”, says training is must for every actor.
“Training is very important - be it a theater actor or a movie actor. Right kind of training brings out various shades of an actor and it is appreciated by the audiences,” Nawazuddin told IANS.
The actor is on a roll as his two forthcoming films - “Miss Lovely” by Ashim Ahluwalia and Anurag Kashyap directed “Gangs of Wasseypur” were screened at 65th Cannes International Film Festival.
“Movies made now are very different and that is why viewers are liking them. Till now the audiences knew that there is a hero, a heroine and a villain and that there will be with some action sequence, romance and song dance thing.
“But now they get to see films like ‘Kahaani’, ‘Paan Singh Tomar’ and they appreciate them. Everyone wants a change and there is nothing bad in that. ‘Parivartan prakriti ka niyam hai’,” he said.
After getting appreciation for his role in “Kahaani” and “Paan…”, the actor is getting good work.
He has nine films lined up for release including Aamir Khan starrer “Talaash”. Other films are “Lunch Box” with Irrfan Khan, “Dekh Indian Circus”, “Patang”, “Miss Lovely”,”Gangs of Wasseypur”, “Liar Dice”, “Chittagong” and “Moonsoon Shootout”.
A National School Drama alumni, Nawazuddin says theatre background has been a boon for him, but he has no recent plans to go back to stage.
“Since every character is explored step by step, theatre has really helped me in films. But rght now I am busy with films. Maybe years later I would like to go back to theatre,” he said.
- Actors are selfish as compared to directors: Nawazuddin - Jun 10, 2012
- Nawazuddin gets late recognition, says it's never too late - Jun 03, 2012
- Tannishtha, Nawazuddin win big award at NY film fest - May 31, 2012
- Bipasha, Nawaz together in supernatural thriller - Jul 10, 2012
- Tigmanshu Dhulia makes acting debut with 'Gangs of Wasseypur' - May 03, 2012
- People from outside Mumbai are very rooted: Tigmanshu Dhulia (Interview) - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2' has its own place: Richa Chadda - Aug 04, 2012
- Nawazuddin aims to be highest paid actor - Aug 30, 2012
- 'Aatma' not horror film: Nawazuddin Siddiqui - Aug 02, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' - a romp into raw, rugged heartland (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Jun 22, 2012
- Imtiaz Ali lends support to 'Dekh Indian Circus' (With Images) - May 11, 2012
- Can't make commercial films: 'Anhey Ghorey...' director - Aug 25, 2012
- Watch love, crime sagas this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 19, 2012
- When Manoj Bajpayee was harassed for being different - Jul 09, 2012
- Nawazuddin stays away from Rakhi - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, action sequence, actor training, ahluwalia, anurag kashyap, cannes international film festival, drama alumni, forthcoming films, indian circus, international film festival, irrfan khan, liar dice, lunch box, nine films, paan, parivartan, patang, school drama, theater actor, theatre background