Nawaz says PPP-led govt in Islamabad may collapse before completing its tenureSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad , Sept 2 (ANI): The present day PPP-led government in Islamabad would not last long and may collapse before completing its tenure, said PML-N leader and former Pakistan premier Nawaz Sharif. He added that he wont make any efforts in destabalising the government.
The government will collapse much before completing its tenure if its leaders continue their policies of breaking promises and ignoring public issues, the Gulf News quoted him as saying in an interview.
I don”t want to make any efforts to destabilise the government, but I am afraid it will not last long due to its current way of governance and the policies of its leadership, which are fast losing the trust of leaders and the people, he added.
Sharifs PML-N had recently quit the ruling coalition led by the PPP and decided to sit on the Opposition benches, saying that PPP Co-Chairperson Asif Ali Zar-dari had not kept his promise to restore the deposed judges.
Asked whether the army would interfere into Pakistan politics, Sharif said that he would not like to see the army meddle again in political issues.
Sharif also ruled out any possibility of rejoining the coalition despite requests from the PPP. We have crossed that point and we don”t want to enter the ruling coalition again.
On the issue of taking action against former president Pervez Musharraf, who overthrew his government in 1999 in a bloodless coup, Sharif said: “I hold no personal vendetta against Musharraf. I am not keen on settling personal scores, but he should be taken to task for his wrongdoings. (ANI)
- Zardari convenes 'emergency meeting' of PPP Punjab ministers - Feb 25, 2011
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- PML-N goes overboard in protest against PPP in Pak parliament - Apr 21, 2011
- PPP leader advises PML-N against indulging in politics of confrontation - Feb 21, 2011
- PML-N sees end of PPP-led Pak Govt - Jan 03, 2011
- PML-N parts ways with PPP in Pakistan's Punjab - Feb 25, 2011
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- PPP terms PML-N decision to end alliance in Punjab 'sad day for democracy' - Feb 27, 2011
- PML-N lashes out at Zardari-led govt over ever-increasing corruption, inflation - Nov 19, 2010
- PML-N all set to dump PPP in Punjab over 10-point reforms agenda - Feb 21, 2011
- PML-N hints at legal action against MQM members for "bad-mouthing" its leadership - Jan 02, 2011
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- PML-N has no place for political schemers, says Nawaz Sharif - Feb 28, 2011