Nawaz, Manoj turn revolutionaries for ‘Chittagong’ (Movie Snippets)September 7th, 2012 - 4:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 7 (IANS) After playing rebels in the crime thriller “Gangs of Wasseypur”, Manoj Bajpayee and Nawazuddin Siddiqui will be seen as revolutionaries in the upcoming film “Chittagong”.
Based on the actual events of 1930 Chittagong Uprising, the film is directed by former NASA scientist Bedabrata Pain.
“Chittagong” is based on a little-known incident in the 1930s British India, where a handful of untrained teenage boys and girls, led by a school teacher, gave the British their first military defeat.
Co-produced by Anurag Kashyap and Sunil Bohra, it is releasing Oct 12. It also features Raj Kumar Yadav and Kashyap in prominent roles.
Rani finds Prithviraj special, handsome
Actress Rani Mukerji can’t stop heaping praises at her “Aiyyaa” co-star, southern actor Prithviraj Sukumaran.
“He is a very special actor. He is handsome and lovely to work with too. He is just awesome. Now I know why he is such a huge star,” she added.
Co-produced by Anurag Kashyap and Viacom 18, the movie is said to be about a woman who finds a man desirable because he smells good. It releases Oct 12.
Smoking warning during movie will distract: Kabir Bedi
The government has lifted the ban on showing smoking scenes in movies but internationally acclaimed actor Kabir Bedi is not happy and says the rule to show statutory warning during such scenes will be a distraction too.
“Disclaimers before and after film apart, mandatory banner warnings during smoking scenes are a violation of creative rights. Breaks attention,” Kabir tweeted.
The government had Tuesday informed the Supreme Court that it would shortly permit smoking scenes in films - though with the strict stipulation that one of the actors in the scene warns viewers that “smoking kills”, while a static message would be displayed in the course of the scene showing smoking.
- Rani's 'Aiyyaa' character fan of Sridevi, Madhuri, Juhi - Sep 07, 2012
- Finally 'Chittagong' set for release - Nov 23, 2011
- No black magic for Emraan (Movie Snippets) - Sep 17, 2012
- Trying innovative ideas full of struggle: Shirish (Movie Snippets) - Aug 29, 2012
- Anurag converted short film into 'Aiyyaa' - Sep 07, 2012
- Rani Mukerji's 'Aiyya' now set for Dussehra release - Jun 15, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2' promises high octane thrills (IANS Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- I am biggest fan of Rani Mukerji: Prithviraj - Sep 14, 2012
- Triple bonanza for Rani in 'Aiyyaa' - Jun 16, 2012
- Malayalam actor Prithviraj gets 6-pack abs for 'Aiyya' - Sep 13, 2012
- Nawazuddin feels training must for actors - May 27, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' runs houseful - Jun 22, 2012
- Manoj Bajpayee takes inspiration from himself - Mar 27, 2012
- Nawazuddin gets late recognition, says it's never too late - Jun 03, 2012
- Can't let actors suddenly break into song: Kashyap - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: anurag kashyap, boys and girls, british india, co star, creative rights, crime thriller, kabir bedi, military defeat, nasa scientist, rani mukerji, revolutionaries, school teacher, siddiqui, smoking scenes, stipulation, sunil, teenage boys, upcoming film, viacom, yadav