Navjot Sidhu’s wife in hospital after poisoningJuly 6th, 2008 - 10:39 am ICT by IANS
Patiala, July 6 (IANS) Cricketer turned politician Navjot Singh Sidhu’s wife has been admitted to a private hospital in this Punjab city following poisoning and dehydration. Doctors at the Sadhbhavna hospital said it was not known whether Navjot Kaur had attempted suicide or it was a case of food poisoning.
“She was brought here in a semi-conscious state. She is out of danger now,” one of the doctors said.
Kaur is herself a doctor by profession.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Sidhu rushed here from his constituency Amritsar after learning about his wife’s condition late Saturday night.
Family friends of Kaur said it was a simple case of food poisoning and no suicide attempt had been made.
Kaur had been living in Patiala town, 90 km from Chandigarh even after Sidhu shifted to Amritsar in 2004 to contest the Lok Sabha elections there.
- Punjab lawmaker's sting catches doctor at wrong place - Aug 30, 2012
- Navjot Sidhu complains against fake Facebook page - Jul 26, 2012
- Navjot Sidhu's wife admitted in Delhi hospital - Jul 03, 2010
- Man 'tricks' girlfriend into committing suicide - Apr 18, 2011
- Public sympathy for Chinese woman who killed two kids - May 18, 2011
- Badal government's lone woman minister convicted, jailed (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Record voting in Punjab, nearly 77 cast franchise (Intro Roundup) - Jan 31, 2012
- Over 77 percent voting in Punjab, one killed in violence (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2012
- Minister jailed for conspiracy in daughter's death (Second Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.250 crore (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Woman loses chain, dies of shock - Aug 08, 2012
- Prominent candidates in Punjab assembly polls - Jan 28, 2012
- Chinese woman poisons herself, three kids - Apr 01, 2012
- Suicide by three of a family: Food samples sent for tests - Nov 10, 2011
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.200 crore - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: amritsar, bharatiya janata party, bjp, chandigarh, conscious state, constituency, cricketer, dehydration, doctors, family friends, food poisoning, kaur, late saturday night, lok sabha elections, mp, navjot sidhu, politician, private hospital, profession, suicide attempt