Navjot Sidhu’s debut movie’s music releasedAugust 8th, 2008 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 8 (IANS) Cricketer, commentator, MP and now actor — Navjot Singh Sidhu’s debut movie’s music was released Friday here. Sidhu will be sharing screen space with Punjabi singer and actor Harbhajan Mann in “Mera pind-My home”, slated to release in September.
Music of the movie and a microsite was released here Friday. The microsite will offer an array of features for the users like ringtones, wallpapers, downloads, information about the cast and crew of the movie and caller tunes.
“My life is based on experiments and I have tried my hands at infinite things. But I have no qualms in saying that this experiment of acting was the best one of my life,” Sidhu told media persons during the music launch here Friday.
“I did not know anything about the acting and dialogue delivery but I learnt it only on the sets from other cast members,” he said.
“I am ready to do more Punjabi films in future, but the only condition is that they should portray meaningful and responsible cinema. Films are the best medium to diffuse any social message in the society and have the capacity to bring unexpected positive changes. I believe in becoming master of all trades and jack of none,” said Sidhu.
The movie is produced and directed by Punjabi film maker Manmohan Singh.
Sidhu is playing the role of a rich fun loving non-resident Indian (NRI) settled in a small village of Punjab who brings in the spirit of self-empowerment among the villagers of his village, said Manmohan Singh.
- Music of Punjabi film ''Mera Pind'' released in Chandigarh - Aug 10, 2008
- Thumbs up in Malaysia to Punjabi film `Mera Pind-My Home' - Sep 20, 2008
- Cricketer Sidhu's debut movie to release in September - Aug 05, 2008
- Punjabi filmmakers want to tell realistic stories - Jan 16, 2012
- It's the renaissance period of Punjabi cinema, says director - Aug 11, 2008
- Capital hosts Punjabi film fest, focus on larger viewership - Jan 13, 2012
- I wasn't expecting national award: Gurvinder Singh - Mar 07, 2012
- Nokia launches Lumia 610 for Rs.12,999 in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Now Honey Singh set to conquer Bollywood - May 08, 2012
- Translating my works for orchestra was enriching: A.R. Rahman (Interview) - Jan 20, 2012
- Bollywood has hijacked Punjabi pop: Harbhajan Mann - Sep 29, 2010
- Punjabi industry lacks cinema knowledge, says comedian Ghuggi - Oct 06, 2011
- Here comes '7 Notes to Infinity', film on Indian classical music - Jun 08, 2012
- Decks cleared for fifth edition of Mammootty film - Apr 20, 2012
- Sidhu bats for Modi as PM - Sep 24, 2011
Tags: caller tunes, cast and crew, cast members, cinema films, commentator, dialogue, film maker, manmohan, manmohan singh, media persons, microsite, mp, music launch, navjot sidhu, positive changes, punjab, qualms, screen space, self empowerment, social message