National Geographic plans reality show on armyOctober 28th, 2010 - 1:15 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 27 (IANS) National Geographic channel in collaboration with the Indian Army Wednesday announced plans to launch “Mission Army - Desh Ke Rakshak”, a reality show that will select five men from across the country and give one of them a chance to serve the military.
“National Geographic plans to take its viewers inside the Indian Army, giving them an opportunity to experience the life of soldiers. Through this 10-part series we plan to motivate many young people to look at the army as a serious career opportunity,” said Keertan Adyanthaya, managing director, National Geographic Network and Fox International Channels.
Interested candidates, above the age of 18, will be grilled under mental, physical and psychological tests similar to tests faced by prospective army recruits.
“The series and the channel is the right platform for us to showcase our culture, ethos, equipment and the terrain we operate in. I am sure it will be an eye-opener for many, when they get an invaluable access into our lives,” Army Chief General V.K. Singh said.
- Winner of this TV show will train with the Indian Army - Feb 24, 2011
- National Geographic launched in Bengali - Oct 14, 2010
- Fox International launches 7 new channels in India - Jun 30, 2010
- Essay competition on city history for schoolkids - Jul 29, 2010
- National Geographic's docu-reality show salutes Indian Army - Mar 20, 2011
- Goa to host first Indian TV festival - Aug 03, 2012
- 60,000 children in hunt for India's 'young explorer' - Aug 26, 2010
- 500 army men in Chhattisgarh's red zone - for training - Jun 02, 2011
- Kashmiri youth turn out in record numbers to join army - Mar 16, 2012
- "The Gates" Tv Show Debuts On ABC - Jun 21, 2010
- Bollywood's Patriotic Films (To Comemmorate The 63rd Independence Day On August 15, 2010) - Aug 11, 2010
- "Midnight Express" Fame Bill Hayes On National Geographic Channel - Jul 01, 2010
- Hyde Park, Image Nation tie up with Nat Geo for films, TV series - Dec 26, 2011
- 9XM Celebrates Independence Day In Unique Style - Aug 13, 2010
- Government's attitude on Netaji condemnable: Forward Bloc - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: army chief, career opportunity, chief general, collaboration, desh, eye opener, five men, fox international channels, indian army, interested candidates, managing director, national geographic, national geographic channel, New Delhi, psychological tests, reality show, showcase