National awards for ‘Lage Raho…’ surprises producer, directorJune 12th, 2008 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) Bollywood blockbuster “Lage Raho Munna Bhai”, based on Mahatma Gandhi’s ideology, hit the jackpot by winning four national awards, surprising its producer and director no end. The film starring Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Vidya Balan and Boman Irani has won the best screenplay, lyricist, supporting actor and popular film providing wholesome entertainment awards.
Vidhu Vinod Chopra, the producer of the movie, said: “It is a wonderful surprise. What makes me happy is that it is a great inspiration for newcomers and fresh people who have a fire in their belly to make a mark in the industry.”
Abhijat Joshi wrote the screenplay and Swanand Kirkire penned the lyrics for popular number “Bande mein tha dum”.
“Abhijat and Swanand’s work getting acknowledged makes director Rajkumar Hirani and me very proud,” added Chopra.
Released in 2006, the film was a sequel to the hugely popular “Munnabhai M.B.B.S.” that hit theatres in 2003.
“I am happy that a film based on the ideals of Mahatma Gandhi has won the award for wholesome entertainment. It is a big achievement for me and my team,” said Hirani.
Swanand says that even though he has won the award, the film was a collaborative and collective piece of work.
“I am grateful to Vinod Chopra, Rajkumar Hirani and Shantanu Moitra (music director) for bringing out the best in me and for creating the atmosphere where one can strive for excellence,” he said.
- Hirani, Chopra hat-trick at national awards with '3 Idiots' - Sep 15, 2010
- Never thought 'Behti hawa..' will fetch me national award: Kirkire - Sep 15, 2010
- Music, Bollywood glitter at 57th National Film Awards ceremony (Roundup) - Oct 22, 2010
- Lack of strong script delaying third 'Munna Bhai': Hirani - Apr 02, 2012
- '3 Idiots' triumphs at IIFA; Vidya, Kareena are best actresses (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- I'd like to direct a movie: Boman Irani - Aug 24, 2012
- 'Lage Raho...' wins four National Awards (Lead) - Jun 10, 2008
- Black attire rules at 57th National Awards ceremony - Oct 22, 2010
- Here's proof of our pact with Chetan Bhagat, says Hirani - Jan 02, 2010
- Munnabhai To Return Next Year - Jul 29, 2010
- '3 Idiots' music has youthful spunk, raw energy (IANS Music Review) - Nov 15, 2009
- '3 Idiots' triumphs at first edition of GIMA awards - Nov 11, 2010
- Successful directors don't need me: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - Jun 10, 2012
- I would love to be Munnabhai again -Sanjay Dutt - Dec 10, 2009
- 'Dabangg' bags five awards at Big Star Entertainment Awards - Dec 22, 2010