Natasha Richardson passes away after skiing accidentMarch 19th, 2009 - 11:25 am ICT by ANI
London, March 19 (ANI): British actress Natasha Richardson has succumbed to the injuries she had recently sustained in a skiing accident in Canada.
The 45-year-old died in a New York hospital on March 18 in presence of her mother Vanessa Redgrave, husband Liam Neeson, and sister Joely Richardson.
The Parent Trap star had met with an accident and suffered a head injury, during a private ski lesson at Mont Tremblant resort on March 16.
Richardson initially did not show any signs of injury but later complained of a headache, and was admitted to the Hospitalier Laurentien.
She was shifted to intensive care before being jetted to a New York hospital accompanied by Neeson, who was shooting when the accident occurred.
The Oscar-winner was said to be red-eyed and tearful while visiting the hospital.
“Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha, the Telegraph quoted a statement from the family as saying.
They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time, the statement added.
Reports suggest that Richardson might have suffered a blood clot on the brain.
A doctor said that her condition could have been “talk and die syndrome in which the patient appears unharmed by an impact, but later suffers a rapid collection of blood between the skull and the brain. (ANI)
- Natasha Richardson refused to wear PS6 helmet before skiing accident - Mar 21, 2009
- Natasha Richardson Severely Injured in Ski Accident - Mar 18, 2009
- Natasha Richardson suffers 'traumatic brain injury' in skiing accident - Mar 17, 2009
- Natasha Richardson may be brain dead after skiing accident - Mar 18, 2009
- Late Natasha Richardson leaves a shattered family behind her - Mar 20, 2009
- Liam Neeson finds love again - Sep 06, 2010
- Uma Thurman arrived at Natasha Richardson's wake - Mar 21, 2009
- Natasha Richardson brain dead after ski accident: Reports - Mar 18, 2009
- Actress Natasha Richardson buried in New York - Mar 23, 2009
- Actress Natasha Richardson dies after skiing accident - Mar 19, 2009
- Natasha Richardson was serenaded by mom Redgrave moments before dying - Mar 21, 2009
- Ski instructor asked Richardson to go to hospital - Mar 22, 2009
- Liam Neeson on wife Natasha's death: 'It hits me in the middle of the night' - Feb 17, 2011
- Richardson could have lived if she listened to instructor (Lead) - Mar 22, 2009
- Neeson 'talks to ski instructor who last saw Richardson alive' - May 05, 2009
Tags: blood clot, blood clot on the brain, british actress, head injury, intensive care, joely richardson, liam neeson, london march, march 19, mont tremblant resort, natasha richardson, oscar winner, parent trap, private ski, rapid collection, ski lesson, skull, tragic death, vanessa redgrave, very difficult time