Natalie Wood’s Sister and the Yacht Owner Want Case Re-openedMarch 9th, 2010 - 3:09 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Mar 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Natalie Wood was a well-loved and beautiful actress who first appeared on the screen as a child in the movie, “Miracle on 34th Street.” She also starred with such leading men as James Dean, in Rebel Without a Cause, which she won an Oscar for, and Warren Beatty in Splendor in the Grass, which she also won an Oscar for. She also had a starring role in West Side Story.
In a television interview, Natalie revealed to the world that her worst fear was of dark seawater. In November 1981, in a tragic twist of irony, she drowned in the Pacific Ocean off the Coast of California’s Catalina Island. Her death still remains one of Hollywood’s mysteries. The death was ruled to be an accident by the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office, and the sheriff has closed the case, but some people say that they story just doesn’t add up.
Now Natalie’s sister, as well as the yacht owner, is asking the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office to re open the case. There has been no response as of yet. Although Lana Wood does not suspect foul play, she said she does feel that a heated argument between Natalie’s husband Robert Wagner and Natalie led up to her death. “I just want the truth to come out, the real story,” she said.
The yacht captain, Dennis Davern also believes that the fight led up to the tragedy. He has broken his long silence about that night, and published a book, “Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendor,” which was published in September. Although no one is accusing Robert Wagner of killing Natalie, they feel that parts of his story don’t add up. Lana even said that she does not feel that he ever got over Natalie’s death, “she was the love of his life,” she added.
- U.S. police re-open investigation into 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood - Nov 18, 2011
- US reopens investigation into the Natalie Wood case - Nov 18, 2011
- Natalie Woods' sister wants to re-open her death case - Mar 19, 2010
- Natalie Portman plays down the 'Black Swan' controversy - Apr 07, 2011
- Robert Wagner considered killing ex-wife Natalie Woods lover - Sep 28, 2008
- Robert Wagner had no role to play in Natalie Wood''s death - Aug 19, 2008
- Isabelle Adjani tops Time Magazine's beautiful women list - Feb 09, 2011
- Natalie Portman – Hogging The Spotlight - Dec 15, 2010
- Top honours crown 'The King's Speech' at 83rd Oscars (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2011
- Robert Wagner tried to kill love rival - Aug 15, 2008
- Warren Beatty makes comeback after 13 years - Jun 23, 2011
- Lana Del Rey sizzles in GQ shoot - Sep 10, 2012
- Missing Southern California cult members found 'alive and well' - Sep 20, 2010
- Skeletal Remains Of Mitrice Richardson Found In Malibu - Aug 13, 2010
- Robert Wagner wanted to kill Warren Beatty after marriage break-up - Sep 26, 2008
Tags: catalina island, coast of california, james dean, lana wood, leading men, los angeles county coroner, los angeles county sheriff, miracle on 34th, miracle on 34th street, natalie wood, november 1981, rebel without a cause, robert wagner, splendor in the grass, television interview, tragic twist, warren beatty, west side story, yacht captain, yacht owner