Natalie Portman’s ‘tears of joy’ as she grabs Best Actress OscarFebruary 28th, 2011 - 12:08 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 28 (ANI): Natalie Portman-who cried an awful lot in ‘Black Swan’-couldn’t hold her tears of joy when she grabbed the Best Actress Oscar.
Tearful throughout her emotional, gracious speech, the soon-to-be-mum seemingly forgot no one who helped her on ‘Black Swan’ and throughout her Hollywood career, which began when she was 11, reports UsMagazine.com.
“I truly, sincerely wish the award was to work with my fellow nominees. I’m so in awe of you,” the 29-year-old gushed of Jennifer Lawrence, Annette Bening, Nicole Kidman and Michelle Williams.
The star thanked her parents Avi and Shelley “for giving me life and for giving me the opportunity to work…[For teaching me] how to be a good human being by example.”
Also, she thanked Benjamin Millepied, her fiance and father of her unborn child saying, “[He] has now given me my most important role of my life.” (ANI)
- Natalie Portman wins best actress (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Pregnancy really calm and good: Natalie Portman - Jan 17, 2011
- Portman 'honoured' by Oscar nomination - Jan 27, 2011
- Natalie Portman marries Benjamin Millepied - Aug 06, 2012
- Natalie Portman now a belly dancer - Apr 30, 2011
- Portman praises fiance at Oscars - Mar 01, 2011
- Oscar Battle: Annette Bening vs Julianne Moore for 'Best Actress' - Sep 22, 2010
- 'Indescribably happy' Portman announces she's engaged and pregnant - Dec 28, 2010
- Portman engaged, expecting first child - Dec 28, 2010
- Portman gives birth to baby boy - Jun 15, 2011
- Natalie Portman Wins Golden Globe Award For "Black Swan" - Jan 17, 2011
- Portman not in rush for another baby - Aug 20, 2012
- Natalie Portman expecting baby boy - Feb 18, 2011
- It is Annette Bening vs. Julianne Moore for the Best Actress Oscar - Sep 22, 2010
- Natalie Portman on a sabbatical from movies - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: actress oscar, annette bening, awe, best actress, black swan, fiance, grabs, hollywood, hollywood career, michelle williams, natalie portman, nicole kidman, parents, shelley, swan, tears of joy, unborn child