Natalie Cole to get sisters kidney to fight Hepatitis CJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, January 22 (ANI): Natalie Cole’’s sister has reportedly decided to donate her kidney to the singer, who is suffering from the chronic liver disease Hepatitis C.
The eight-time Grammy Award-winner was believed to have contracted the condition owing to her drug addiction during the 80s and has been treated for kidney failure since September last year.
It was claimed that the doctors had told Cole that she needed a transplant and her sister Timolins kidney was said to have been a match for her ailing sister.
“After (she learned of the match), Natalie kept saying, ”I can”t believe this! I”m so blessed, Contactmusic quoted a source as telling the National Enquirer.
My sister’’s giving me a tomorrow. She’’s saving my life,”” the source added. (ANI)
- Natalie Cole fears she will run out of time before kidney transplant - Apr 28, 2009
- Natalie Cole loses sister to death - May 23, 2009
- Natalie Cole recovering from kidney transplant - May 21, 2009
- Natalie Cole grateful to anonymous kidney donor - Aug 15, 2009
- Natalie Cole may get kidney from her son - Feb 05, 2009
- Mohanlal expresses wish to donate his organs - Jul 21, 2012
- Natalie Cole gets life-saving kidney as sister lies dying - May 23, 2009
- Singer Natalie Cole to pen memoir - Jul 20, 2010
- Natalie Cole to reveal all about her kidney transplant op in memoir - Jul 20, 2010
- Save lives, become an organ donor (Nov 27 is World Organ Donation Day) - Nov 27, 2010
- Natalie Cole gets new kidney - May 21, 2009
- Decide soon on woman's liver transplant plea, court asks government - Jun 15, 2012
- Singapore doctors promote organ donation - Sep 03, 2011
- Two Sri Lankan families swap livers for transplant - Jun 07, 2011
- Junk food saves teen's life from fatal liver disease - Feb 13, 2012