Natalie Cole fears she will run out of time before kidney transplantApril 28th, 2009 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 28 (ANI): Natalie Cole is terrified that she may not have enough time on her hands to undergo a life-saving kidney transplant.
The 59-year-old singer has been suffering from kidney failure caused by the chronic liver disease Hepatitis C.
The eight-time Grammy Award-winner contracted the condition from her drug addiction during the 80s and is being treated since September last year.
Cole has been put on a waiting list for a replacement organ but she fears the transplant may never come and has now left her fate to the Almighty.
“At the moment, where it’s coming from, heaven only knows,” the Daily Star quoted her as telling Los Angeles Confidential magazine. (ANI)
- Natalie Cole recovering from kidney transplant - May 21, 2009
- Natalie Cole to get sisters kidney to fight Hepatitis C - Jan 22, 2009
- Natalie Cole loses sister to death - May 23, 2009
- Natalie Cole grateful to anonymous kidney donor - Aug 15, 2009
- Natalie Cole 'discharged from hospital' - May 26, 2009
- Natalie Cole gets new kidney - May 21, 2009
- Only 10 percent liver transplants on female patients: Doctors (With Image) - Sep 22, 2010
- Natalie Cole to reveal all about her kidney transplant op in memoir - Jul 20, 2010
- Natalie Cole may get kidney from her son - Feb 05, 2009
- Singer Natalie Cole to pen memoir - Jul 20, 2010
- Troubled by kidney ailments, Goa gets helpline - May 14, 2011
- Natalie Cole's fan offers kidney - Apr 02, 2009
- Natalie Cole gets life-saving kidney as sister lies dying - May 23, 2009
- PGIMER performs its first liver transplant surgery - Apr 20, 2011
- Junk food saves teen's life from fatal liver disease - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: 80s, chronic liver disease, confidential magazine, daily star, drug addiction, fate, fears, heaven, hepatitis, hepatitis c, kidney failure, kidney transplant, london, natalie cole, time grammy award winner, time on her hands, waiting list