Narayani Shastri returns as Raai dancer on TVMarch 14th, 2012 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 14 (IANS) Actress Narayani Shastri is set to feature as a Raai dancer in upcoming show “Phir Subah Hogi”, a story about the Bedia tribe of Madhya Pradesh’s Bundelkhand region.
In a never-seen-before avatar, Narayani will be seen portraying the character of Gulabia, the protagonist’s mother in the Zee TV show.
Her character Gulabia is a folk dancer and her prime, she was the most sought after woman amongst the Thakurs of that region, but she gets caught in the whirlpool of societal norms on one hand and her daughter who wants to break free from all customs, on the other.
Narayani considers herself lucky to get the role, for which others like Kamya Punjabi and Achint Kaur were reportedly in competition.
“When I first heard the story, the narrative itself was so gripping that I jumped at the opportunity of playing the role of Gulabia,” Narayani said in a press statement.
“It’s a story of finding hope under testing situations. The story brings to light the heinous crime of exploiting women in the name of customs and rituals, problems which are often difficult to gauge as this kind of business is usually shrouded in ambiguity,” she added.
The actress, who has worked in shows like “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu” and “Kkusum”, is happy to be working with Zee TV again.
“It’s an engrossing story that no one but Zee TV could depict it aesthetically. Also, after doing ‘Piya Ka Ghar’ and ‘Mamta’ on Zee TV earlier, this feels feels like homecoming,” she said.
The launch date of the show is yet to be decided, but according to channel officials, it would go on air starting April.
- I just accept the best options: Narayani Shastri (With Images) - Apr 09, 2012
- No dieting for Narayani (TV Snippets) - Apr 12, 2012
- Varun Badola rues lack of quality content on TV - Apr 15, 2012
- Shocking facts made Varun accept 'Phir Subah Hogi' - Apr 10, 2012
- Varun Badola in love with Delhi (With Images) - Apr 26, 2012
- Rajeshwari understands my profession: Varun Badola - May 13, 2012
- Who's afraid of IPL? Not Hindi TV channels - Mar 21, 2012
- TRPs blamed for social messages going awry on TV - May 25, 2012
- I've not walked out of 'Besharam': Ranbir - Sep 06, 2012
- Not dating Krystle D'Souza: Karan Tacker (TV Snippets) - Aug 06, 2012
- Playing historical character is not easy: Achint Kaur - Dec 31, 2010
- Vindhya Tiwary To Play Lead Role In DJ's Show - Aug 07, 2010
- Rucha Gujarati to enter 'Saas Bina Sasural' - Dec 27, 2011
- Small screen apes big; creativity down the tube - Jul 07, 2012
- Achint Kaur to play queen in 'Jhansi Ki Rani' - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: achint kaur, ambiguity, bhopal, bundelkhand, engrossing story, folk dancer, heinous crime, homecoming, ka ghar, kamya punjabi, kkusum, launch, madhya pradesh, mamta, protagonist, rituals, saas bhi, societal norms, subah, zee tv