Naomi Campbell ‘was having a really bad day’ when she assaulted her driverMarch 4th, 2010 - 7:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 4 (ANI): Naomi Campbell’s friend has said that she was having a ‘really bad day’ when she allegedly ended up clobbering her chauffeur, according to reports.
The supermodel’s driver allegedly got it in the neck after failing to answer questions about the fidelity of her boyfriend, Vladimir Dorodin.
Naomi reportedly punched driver Miodrag Mejdina, 27, in the head with her fist from the backseat of her Cadillac Escalade.
As the car weaved through traffic in Manhattan’s Midtown, the catwalk queen allegedly smashed Mejdina’s face into the steering wheel, leaving him with a stonking bruise under his left eye.
The New York Post has reported that it was all because Mejdina, who has chauffeured her boyfriend, refused to dish the dirt on Russian Vlad.
And soon after, furious Naomi stepped out of the car and fled - sending cops on a wild goose chase after her on Tuesday.
But, one of her friends has said that she was simply having a “really bad day”.
“Everyone knows Naomi has a temper on her. She was having a shocker of a day and the traffic was crawling,” the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
“They had a spat and unfortunately it turned a little nasty. But it was nothing to do with Vlad - he was barely discussed.
“It seems incredibly unlikely that the US report is true, it is sure to be one big misunderstanding. The whole thing is ridiculous. Because it’s Naomi involved, everyone is quick to judge. That the guy has dropped charges speaks volumes,” added the pal.
An NYPD spokesman has confirmed that all charges against Naomi had been dropped.
A spokesman for the supermodel said: “There shouldn’t be a rush to judge. Naomi will co-operate voluntarily and there is more to the story than meets the eye.” (ANI)
- I will not be held hostage to my past, says Naomi Campbell - Mar 05, 2010
- Campbell's driver apologises for false accusation - Mar 05, 2010
- Naomi Campbell driver apologizes over assault claim - Mar 05, 2010
- Naomi Campbell engaged? - Aug 03, 2011
- Naomi Campbell smiles for the camera - with Vladimir Doronin's family - Feb 21, 2010
- Naomi Campbell escapes charges after 'hitting' driver in NY - Mar 03, 2010
- Naomi Campbell may marry Russian boyfriend - Jan 25, 2010
- Naomi Campbell set to marry Russian lover? - Jan 23, 2010
- Paris Hilton to face drug possession charges after Las Vegas cocaine incident - Aug 31, 2010
- Naomi Campbell's driver claims she punched him - Mar 03, 2010
- Naomi Campbell All Set To Tie The Knot With Beau Vladislav Doronin - Nov 13, 2010
- Rowland wants figure like Campbell - Oct 21, 2011
- Kainaz wants to take Aamir for a drive (With Image) - Jun 27, 2012
- Naomi Campbell accused of attacking photographer - Aug 03, 2009
- Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss no more friends? - Sep 26, 2010
Tags: backseat, bad day, bruise, cadillac escalade, catwalk, chauffeur, fidelity, left eye, midtown, misunderstanding, naomi campbell, new york post, s driver, shocker, spat, steering wheel, supermodel, vlad, vladimir, wild goose chase