Naomi Campbell to testify at Charles Taylor war crimes trial next monthJuly 23rd, 2010 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 23 (ANI): British supermodel Naomi Campbell will testify in the ongoing war crimes trials against former president of Liberia, Charles Taylor in August (10).
The 40-year-old model was dragged in the high profile case in The Hague after it was alleged that Taylor had given her a blood diamond as a gift at a party in 1997.
Campbell has earlier refused to comment on the allegations and during a recent televised chat with Oprah Winfrey, she insisted that she had no idea who Taylor was when she met him at the gathering hosted by her friend, former South African president Nelson Mandela, reports The Daily Express.
Prosecutors subpoenaed Campbell, claiming that her testimony would provide “direct evidence of the accused’s possession of rough diamonds.”
She was initially due to testify in the Netherlands on 29 July 2010, but she recently requested a later hearing and now a new date has been set for 5th August 2010. (ANI)
- Naomi Campbell To Testify In The Taylor Trial - Jun 12, 2010
- Mia Farrow to Tesitfy on 'Blood Diamond' of Naomi Campbell - Jul 31, 2010
- Naomi Campbell requests for privacy during blood diamond testimony - Aug 02, 2010
- Former Nelson Mandela charity trustee faces 'blood diamonds' charges - Oct 03, 2010
- Campbell 'facing war crimes court appearance over blood diamond' - May 21, 2010
- Naomi Campbell admits in court she was given blood diamonds - Aug 05, 2010
- Mia Farrow to testify on Naomi Campbell 'blood diamond' - Jul 30, 2010
- Campbell summoned to court over 'blood diamond' - Jul 02, 2010
- Naomi Campbell to testify at Charles Taylor's war crimes trial - Jul 10, 2010
- Campbell's blood diamond testimony 'crucial' in Taylor's trial - Jul 18, 2010
- Naomi Campbell says she gave 'blood diamonds' to Mandela charity - Aug 06, 2010
- Naomi Campbell "flirted" with Taylor before receiving "blood diamonds", Carole White tells court - Aug 09, 2010
- Naomi Campbell denies lying in court - Aug 11, 2010
- Campbell blasted for calling testimony 'big inconvenience' - Aug 16, 2010
- Charles Taylor's lawyers request Naomi Campbell testimony postponement - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: 5th august, august 10, blood diamond, charles taylor, direct evidence, former president, hague, naomi campbell, nelson mandela, new date, old model, oprah winfrey, president nelson mandela, president of liberia, profile case, rough diamonds, south african president, supermodel naomi campbell, war crimes trial, war crimes trials