Naomi Campbell planning to return to India for Bollywood?March 31st, 2009 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
London, March 30 (IANS) International supermodel Naomi Campbell might be looking at a career in Bollywood after she floored film executives at the Lakme Fashion Week relief fundraiser in Mumbai recently.
Campbell was in Mumbai March 27-31 to walk the ramp in aid of victims of the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist strikes and after taking to the runway in a sari and being mobbed by fans, she was introduced to Bollywood stars, including Deepika Padukone, Farhan Akhtar and Kunal Kapoor, reports Mirror online.
“Naomi has never modelled in India before, but she loved every minute. At the end of the show, two well-known Bollywood producers approached her and asked her if she’d be interested in screen testing,” said a source.
“Naomi was incredibly flattered and plans to come back to Mumbai for more talks whenever she next has a break in her schedule,” the source added.
- Online auction of designer clothes to raise money for promoting harmony (With Images) - Mar 31, 2009
- Naomi Campbell to walk the ramp for 26/11 Mumbai victims - Mar 16, 2009
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- Naomi Campbell's sizzling Indian ramp debut - Mar 30, 2009
- Debarun Mukherjee's love for saris continues at LFW - Mar 04, 2012
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Highlights from LFW - Apr 03, 2009
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- Gulshan Kumar's daughter makes 'fairy tale' debut at LFW - Mar 02, 2012
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Mallya Junior attends LFW show sans Deepika Padukone - Mar 14, 2011
- Ranbir, Vidya best actors at 57th Filmfare awards - Jan 30, 2012
- Naomi Campbell Takes Up Kabbalah Religion To Ease Her Temper - Oct 19, 2010
- Who Inspires Naomi Campbell? - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: bollywood, deepika padukone, farhan akhtar, film executives, fundraiser, India, international supermodel, kunal kapoor, lakme fashion week, london march, mumbai, naomi campbell, producers, ramp, sari, strikes, supermodel naomi campbell