Naomi Campbell Going Bald In Certain Portions Of Her HeadJuly 3rd, 2010 - 8:23 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
July 3, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Naomi Campbell is the prominent British supermodel, who has attained famousness due to her dazzling persona. Nonetheless, she has also received infamy on account of her temperamental detonations. She is known to be hot-blooded. Naomi had recently participated in a photo shoot with New York’s Dennis Basso. It was then that something unpalatable was divulged. It was divulged that Naomi had numerous patches of hair at the side of her head that are gradually experiencing baldheadedness.
It has been observed before that Campbell has naturally curly hair. However, Campbell has worn hair extensions over her innate hair for numerous years. Trichologists have asserted that it seems that the hair extensions have damaged her hair follicles. This has ensured that Naomi has gone bald in several areas of her head.
One trichologist, who wanted to remain unnamed, has mentioned that Naomi’s predicament seems to be traction alopecia. This is the scientific term for hairlessness produced by the usage of extensions. This occurs when the extensions exert a pull on the person’s innate hair. This causes the hair to snap off and also results in damage for the follicles.
Traction alopecia usually has a harmful effect on the zone around the forehead. However, it can also have a detrimental effect on other portions of the head. This seems to be the trichological crisis plaguing Naomi. Some trichologists have mentioned that, if she discontinues the sporting of hair extensions, the possibility of the hair reemerging in the affected zones exists.
- Naomi Campbell Turning Bald? - Jul 03, 2010
- Bald 'Miss Delaware' Comes Into View On 'The Early Show' On Monday - Jun 29, 2010
- Discovery to help balding men regrow hair - Jun 26, 2012
- Coleen Rooney's thinning patch caused by hair extensions? - Feb 05, 2011
- Housewife works out recipe for regrowing hair - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Diabetes can be found out through hair test first' - Sep 06, 2012
- Naomi Campbell's photo reveals shocking bald patches - Aug 09, 2012
- Having "dream hair" could lead to baldness - Mar 18, 2010
- Hair extensions could leave you with bald spots - Jan 26, 2010
- Kathak keeps Jiah Khan fit (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Kathak keeps Jiah Khan fit - Sep 06, 2012
- Naomi Campbell dons fur vest on 90-degree afternoon - Jun 29, 2010
- Hope for baldness cure - Apr 30, 2012
- Hair extensions can lead to baldness - Jan 02, 2009
- Scientists identify new gene in hair loss - Apr 15, 2010
Tags: alopecia, curly hair, dennis basso, detrimental effect, forehead, hair extensions, hair follicles, infamy, men at work, naomi campbell, patches, pen men, photo shoot, predicament, supermodel, trichologist, trichologists, unpalatable