Nandita Das To Direct Another FilmSeptember 6th, 2010 - 5:23 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 6, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Though Nandita is busy being a mother for the first time she cannot resist the temptation of going back to direction once again after the enormously acclaimed “Firaaq’ .
This time it’s an international film called “Trafficking’ about the flesh trade. Written by Siddharth Kara who has researched extensively on the subject of human trade, “Trafficking’ will tell the story of three sex workers from India, Nigeria and Ukraine. Apparently when the producers, Luca Guadagnino of First Sun Pictures in Italy and Elizabeth Stanley saw Nandita’s directorial debut “Firaaq’ they were convinced she was the right person to direct “Trafficking’.
The big question now is, how will Nandita divide her time between her son Vihaan and direct a new film?
Says the actress, “The producers approached me at the end of last year and we have been in serious talks since then. I met the writer, Siddharth Kara in London earlier this year and have been giving my inputs for the next draft of the script. The producers are well aware of Vihaan in my life and sensitive to it.”
Nandita is in no hurry to shoot. “The basic pre - production starts only after March next year and the shoot will be done when I completely feel up to it. As being a mother is something new for me, I am taking one step at a time. But we are all committed to working together on this film. It is big and challenging project and lot of work needs to be done before the actual shoot. In a few months taking care of Vihaan and also starting the preparatory work on the film should be possible. It will keep my creative juices flowing!”
And by the way will Vihaan not miss his mom? Says Nandita, “Vihaan will be on the shoot with me. He will see his Mama work!”
–Subhash K Jha / Sampurn Wire
- Now Nandita to direct film on flesh trade - Sep 06, 2010
- Nandita Das In Kolkata To Shoot For Onir's Film - Mar 09, 2010
- I aim to bring powerful subjects on screen: Nandita Das - Apr 22, 2011
- I'm doing nothing: Anusha Rizvi (Movie Snippets) - Sep 18, 2010
- Nandita Das bestowed French honour - Apr 16, 2011
- Mainstream cinema not my cup of tea: Nandita Das - Apr 24, 2012
- Nandita Das: "I Met My Husband On 11 August 2009, Vihaan Was Born On 11 August 2010!" - Sep 13, 2010
- I'm not doing 'Midnight's Children': Nandita Das - Feb 24, 2011
- Indian film industry ignores children: Nandita Das (Interview) - Jul 09, 2012
- Bollywood's woman directors call shots - and are heard - Sep 10, 2010
- Bollywood's woman filmmakers call shots - and are heard Lead) - Sep 10, 2010
- Nandita to direct play (Movie Snippets) - Jul 10, 2012
- My world now revolves around son Vihaan: Nandita Das - Sep 12, 2010
- Nandita slams 'Firaaq' producers for not marketing film - Nov 25, 2009
- Nandita Das upset as Firaaq was not exploited professionally - Dec 14, 2009
Tags: actress, creative juices, directorial debut, elizabeth stanley, flesh trade, hurry, international film, jha, kara, mama, mom, nandita das, new film, nigeria, preparatory work, producers, sex workers, step at a time, temptation, trafficking