Nandana’s sudden change of heartApril 16th, 2009 - 10:01 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Now we always knew that Nandana Sen had no issues with a little skin show.
After all, she had shown her bare back in “Tango Charlie’ and then the most recent “Rang Rasiya’ has many, many more.
In the film she’s played the muse of legendary painter Raja Ravi Verma, portaryed by Randeep Hooda and reportedly posed nude for his paintings and since it’s about the censorship of art, nudity was at the very core of the film. The scenes are apparently not obscene but shot aesthetically. She does not look her age and always a good job despite everything.
Or maybe she’s become conscious about indulging in nudity for another film right after Ketan Mehta’s “Rang Rasiya’.
But the movie is yet-to release and maybe that has made the Sen dame all the more conscious as she’s not sure what the response of the “aam janta’ will be.
The buzz now is that she’s suddenly turned self conscious and refused to sign an international project to be directed by Italian director Italo Spinelli because of nudity. The reasoning is that she doesn’t wish to bare her skin once again.
Post “Slumdog Millionaire’ westerners are showing a lot of interest in India The film is based on noted Bengali writer Mahasweta Devi’s short story and has a little provocative title- “Behind the Bodice’ (Choli ke Picche).
Maybe the dame who neither has a good B-Town or international career should make the most of it. But no, she’s other ideas altogether.
Or is she planning to try again for true blue commercial films by maintaining a certain image. God alone knows what’s on her mind.
The project is quite good and the lead character is playing a tribal woman of 1950s when poor rural women used to just wrap a sari on their body without a blouse.
She’s said about the project, “It’s a powerful story and although I support it fully I feel the subject matter is such that the tribal girl’s nudity cannot avoid becoming unintentionally voyeuristic and eroticized even though that is definitely not the objective.”
After Nandana’s refusal the movie has been pushed to the next year.
We just hope she doesn’t end up regretting the decision. After all, she desperately wishes to be a star and good decisions can maybe still console her. -Sampurn Media
- Nandana Sen's No To Italian Filmmaker's Choli Ke Peeche Topless Offer - Apr 14, 2009
- Nandana Sen turned down two Hollywood Projects - May 02, 2009
- No more nude scenes for Nandana Sen - Apr 16, 2009
- Boldness is a complicated issue: Nandana Sen - May 22, 2012
- Nudity symbolises woman power in 'Rang Rasiya': Nandana Sen - Nov 17, 2011
- Like economy, Indian cinema should also be liberated: Ketan Mehta - Nov 16, 2011
- Nandana Sen finally nude? - Jun 25, 2009
- 'Rang Rasiya' a crowd puller, Nandana overwhelmed at response - Nov 16, 2011
- Negotiating with Katrina for 'Noor': Ketan Mehta - Jul 26, 2012
- Bollywood posters go dare bare with women - Feb 23, 2012
- 'Rang Rasiya' is reaction against attack on creative freedom: Ketan Mehta - Nov 17, 2011
- Nandana, Mantena part ways, say they'll team up for film - May 15, 2012
- 'Rang Rasiya' release in November: Mehta (Movie Snippets) - Sep 15, 2011
- Forbidden art: Small band keeping erotic legacy alive (Feature) - Mar 27, 2012
- Rang Rasiya Fails To Get A Buyer! - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: art nudity, bengali writer, bodice, censorship of art, change of heart, commercial films, image god, international career, italian director, janta, ketan mehta, legendary painter, nandana sen, provocative title, randeep hooda, rural women, skin show, sudden change of heart, tribal girl, tribal woman