Nandana crosses swords with Sean Bean in ‘Sharpe’s Peril’April 29th, 2008 - 11:39 am ICT by admin
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, April 29 (IANS) It seems 2008 is the year of the swashbuckling divas. After Aishwarya Rai crossed swords with Hrithik Roshan in “Jodhaa Akbar”, Nandana Sen does it with Sean Bean in “Sharpe’s Peril”. Based on Bernard Cornwell historical fiction, “Sharpe’s Peril” follows the career of British soldier Richard Sharpe. The film will first be released in theatres and then later go on television.
Nandana, who is currently shooting in Orchha, Madhya Pradesh, can barely contain her excitement.
“I’m currently transported to another era. I’m playing a 19th century princess opposite Sean Bean,” Nandana, who was last seen in “My Wife’s Murder”, told IANS.
“It’s a huge ‘Indiana Jones’ styled extravaganza directed by Tom Clegg. I’m having great fun being a feisty horse-riding princess sparring with a swashbuckling Sean Bean,” she added.
The action scenes are a novelty for Nandana. But working in international projects with international stars is not.
Earlier, she did Hunt Hoe’s “Seducing Maria”, Mikel Alzola’s “Forever” and Joseph Castelo’s “The War Within”, all with an international cast and crew.
“But nothing as exciting as ‘Sharpe’s Peril’. Actually, they had wanted me for the earlier episode in the ongoing series, but I couldn’t do it.”
“I’m shooting in a city plush with temples and forts. Yes, Orchha is Rani Laxmibai’s hometown. I’m having a blast as a 19th century rebel princess.”
But the war is strictly professional.
Nandana, known to be aloof and withdrawn, is bonding well with Bean.
“We’ve shot together for more than a week. He is reserved, aloof, so am I. He is also a lot older than I am, but we get along really well. Firing bullets and the whole ancient-warrior thing, I’ve never done it before.”
Nandana will be in Orchha and Khujaraho for several weeks to complete the shooting.
- Bollywood-Nigerian film industry tie-up in the offing (Reissuing, correcting name in para four) - Nov 15, 2009
- Achint Kaur to play queen in 'Jhansi Ki Rani' - Dec 18, 2010
- Bollywood-Nigerian film industry tie-up in the offing - Nov 15, 2009
- I was a shy teen: Biel - Dec 11, 2011
- Playing historical character is not easy: Achint Kaur - Dec 31, 2010
- Nandana, Mantena part ways, say they'll team up for film - May 15, 2012
- Item number in 'Joker' raises activist's heckles - Aug 23, 2012
- 50 Cent mocks Japan's earthquake on Twitter - Mar 14, 2011
- Boldness is a complicated issue: Nandana Sen - May 22, 2012
- Sean Bean to get divorce for fourth time - Aug 07, 2010
- Gaga's shaven head, tribute to friend's mother - Sep 13, 2012
- Sean Bean would love to continue playing Sharpe - Oct 29, 2008
- Link-up rumours part of our business: Bipasha Basu (With Images) - May 02, 2011
- Sean Bean focusses on work after split - Oct 25, 2010
- Courtney Love apologises to daughter - Apr 16, 2012
Tags: aishwarya rai, ancient warrior, bernard cornwell, british soldier, castelo, century princess, having a blast, historical fiction, hrithik roshan, international projects, international stars, jodhaa akbar, madhya pradesh, mikel, nandana sen, rani laxmibai, richard sharpe, sean bean, subhash k jha, tom clegg