Nana Patekar’s southern debut ‘Bommalattam’ set to releaseDecember 7th, 2008 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 7 (IANS) Bollywood actor Nana Patekar’s southern debut “Bommalattam”, which has been lying in cans for sometime, is set to hit the screens soon.”We made it in two languages - Tamil and Telugu and got it dubbed in Hindi. Called ‘Cinema, Cinema’ in Hindi, it is entitled ‘Rana’ in Telugu. The film is Tamil star Arjun’s debut in Hindi,” director Bharati Raja told IANS Sunday.
Raja has strived hard to get the venture released.
“I had to virtually ‘buy-back’ my own creation since it was produced for a corporate entity which delayed its release interminably under one pretext or another for over a year,” Raja said.
“While moneybags under different names drive stars’ prizes skywards, creators have to shed tears due to heavy bargaining, curbing creativity and worse,” he added.
The film’s music, scored by Himesh Reshammiya, was released in Oct 2007, but it did not create waves, publicists associated with the film said.
Said to be based on an unsolved real life triple murder case, the film has Nana playing a double role, one of which is that of a movie director. The cast also includes Rukmini Vijay Kumar, Kajal Aggarwal and Nirosha.
Raja has been credited with having introduced over 17 actors into films including multilingual actresses Sridevi, Vijayashanti, Revathy, Raadhika and Riya Sen and making several Tamil blockbusters.
“Bommalattam” will also be Raja’s 50th film in a career spanning 31 years.
- Balki jealous of wife Gauri - Aug 14, 2012
- Kajal Agarwal To Debut In Kannada Films - Jul 17, 2010
- Southern stars twinkle in Bollywood (Feature) - Jul 21, 2011
- After Ileana, southern actress Sneha ready to enter Bollywood - Apr 15, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor's loss Samantha's gain - Mar 30, 2012
- 'Regional barriers disappearing in Indian film industry' - Jul 14, 2011
- Naan Mahan Alla audio from July 16 - Jul 13, 2010
- 'Bommalattam' - a whodunit that keeps you watching(Tamil Film Review) - Dec 13, 2008
- It's destination Mumbai for Piaa Bajpai (Movie Snippets) - Dec 07, 2011
- Celebrity Cricket League unites Indian film industry: Sohail (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- You cannot cheat today's audiences: Revathy (Interview) - May 04, 2012
- Shriya Saran's plea - do not divide films on regional basis - Feb 04, 2012
- Malaysian applause for Nana Patekar's Tamil cinema debut - Dec 27, 2008
- Reshammiya teams up with Lil Wayne - Nov 02, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's son ties knot with Upasana - Jun 14, 2012