Nadine Coyle confirms Girls Aloud reunionJuly 20th, 2011 - 6:32 am ICT by IANS
London, July 20 (IANS) Singer Nadine Coyle has confirmed that pop group Girls Aloud will reunite for concerts in 2012 to celebrate their 10th anniversary.
The British girl band took a hiatus in 2009 to allow singers Cheryl Cole, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley Walsh and Coyle to concentrate on individual projects. But they have been dogged by split rumours ever since Cole’s solo career took off.
“We always discuss doing a 10-year reunion thing. So that’s going to be next year. We’re definitely going to do something. But it’s a whole huge production. Girls Aloud is not just us five, there’s, like, us five plus a ridiculous team of 50 who travel with us, it’s amazing,” contactmusic.com quoted Coyle as saying.
The band’s manager Hilary Shaw said: “Everybody wants them to make a comeback and it will be next year. Well, it is their 10th anniversary so there will be something.”
“They speak all the time, and that includes Cheryl and Nadine with the other girls. Cheryl is keen to get back with the girls and is planning something which could be a one-off or some gigs.”
- Walsh wants Girls Aloud reunion - Dec 05, 2011
- Cheryl Cole to reunite 'Girls Aloud' band - Jun 02, 2011
- Next 'Girls Aloud' album will be different: Roberts - Sep 05, 2011
- Cheryl Cole to reunite with Girls Aloud for 2012 tour - Jun 01, 2011
- Girls Aloud to reunite in 2012 - Jun 11, 2011
- Nicola Roberts gives speech on Walsh's birthday - Nov 22, 2011
- Nadine Coyle sets up record label for debut album - Sep 07, 2010
- Sarah Harding wants Girls Aloud to regroup - Oct 24, 2010
- Girls Aloud to regroup without Nadine Coyle - Jul 29, 2010
- Nicola Roberts unhappy with hiatus - Jan 31, 2012
- Kimberley Walsh plans New Year party - Dec 24, 2010
- Spice Girls performance made Harding nostalgic - Aug 27, 2012
- Kimberley Walsh wants anonymity - Feb 05, 2011
- Cole splits from long-term manager - May 02, 2011
- Girls Aloud are more like colleagues than friends: Coyle - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: 10th anniversary, british girl, cheryl cole, concerts, gigs, girl band, group girls, hiatus, kimberley walsh, london, nadine coyle, nicola roberts, pop group, sarah harding, shaw, singers, solo career, year reunion