Nadiadwala replaces Kunder as ‘Kick’ directorSeptember 1st, 2012 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 1 (IANS) Just a day after the release of his latest film “Joker”, Shirish Kunder announced Saturday that he is no longer on board as the director of Salman Khan-starrer “Kick”. The movie’s producer Sajid Nadiadwala will step behind the camera for it now.
“Sajid Nadiadwala will be directing ‘Kick’. He had originally envisioned the project and I feel he is the best person to bring it to life,” tweeted Kunder.
“Kick” is the Hindi remake of a 2009 Telugu film of the same name.
Kunder, who earlier directed “Jaan-E-Mann” in 2006, and has now released “Joker”, says “I’ll continue with my efforts to make original films and bring novel stories in a mainstream format.”
“Remakes for now do not interest me. It is easy for me to do what everyone else is doing or what is working. But I’ll always choose to attempt something new with every film,” he added.
Kunder, a film editor-turned-director, is married to choreographer-director Farah Khan.
- 'Joker' to release Aug 30, 2012 - Oct 30, 2011
- Shirish left 'Kick': Salman Khan - Sep 03, 2012
- Dull opening for 'Joker' - Sep 03, 2012
- 'Joker' is not comedy: Shrish Kunder - Jan 22, 2012
- Shirish Kunder apologises to SRK - Aug 25, 2012
- Kunder's 'Joker' only 105 minutes long - Aug 24, 2012
- Kunder plans to shoot 'Kick' from November - Jul 09, 2012
- SRK-Shirish brawl jokes storm internet - Jan 31, 2012
- 'Joker' clothes up for grabs - Aug 27, 2012
- Not rushing for 'Joker': Shirish Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Sep 30, 2011
- Shirish Kunder to start film editing classes (Movie Snippets) - Sep 23, 2011
- Directors turn composers, singers to capture film's true emotion - Oct 02, 2010
- Kunder proud of 'assistant' Karan Malhotra (Movie Snippets) - Jan 26, 2012
- 'Student...' not releasing with 'Joker': Karan Johar - Jan 25, 2012
- One film a year from now, says Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Aug 05, 2012